Job Description Summary
The Program Manager will coordinate and deliver specific programs that support Babson’s undergraduate curriculum. The position requires extensive collaboration with faculty members, participation in program design and implementation teams, and timely delivery of support services. In addition, this position is expected to provide the appropriate institutional assessment of the various programs.
- Responsible for supporting the management core curriculum. This will include: posting initial semester material in the course management software as determined by the individual program; serving as liaison to faculty teaching teams; managing administrative aspects of course, including coordinated exams and projects, and providing management for all integrated aspects of the program; and communicating program and/or committee status, expectations, and information to appropriate audience which may include: faculty, students, staff, and other members of the community.
- Manages all integrated aspects of the management core program (including company tours, simulations, projects and presentations).
- Manages the Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship ( FME ) Mentor program including the recruiting, hiring, evaluating, and training of students, as well as the overall assessment of the program.
- Assists with the administration of FME businesses, including supervision of officers, management of loans, payment processing and accounting, allocation of business space, and production of relevant publications.
- Administers surveys and other assessment tools related to the core curriculum, analyzes relevant data and produces executive summaries for the office and/or the community as needed.
- Independently facilitates and makes decisions on all aspects White Speaker Series, including procurement of speakers, marketing, and program logistics.
- Participates in walk-in advising during peak periods as determined by the office.
- Facilitates a First Year Seminar as needed.
- Responsible for managing within budget.
- Participates in various program and college-wide committees.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- At least 1-3 years of experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and with teams
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work with culturally ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to work successfully with all constituencies
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access—particularly experience with data manipulation within databases, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience working with Blackboard and/or Power Campus databases is desirable
- Web editing experience desirable
- Some early mornings and/or evenings and occasional weekends
Babson College - 2 years ago