The Program Manager for the Delivery Center of Excellence provides hands on support and guidance to the organizations Project Managers and Business Systems Analysts by working with them to establish consistent, repeatable, efficient best practices. This role will coordinate planning, management and execution of multiple related projects that are directed toward the same strategic, business or organizational objectives. Providing solutions and tailoring the project methodology to meet the needs of the organization while provided subject matter expertise. While this includes project management methodology and practice standards, it expands to include prioritization and governance of projects as well as realizing and measuring the benefits that projects bring to the entire organization.
• Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to assigned projects and any dependencies, on an enterprise level
• Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives
• Is responsible for managing the project team(s) and direct reports
• Is familiar with and monitors all major project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency across the enterprise
• Works closely with the user community (and through technologists) in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs
• Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage
• Ensures continuous Project Management and Business Analysis practice enhancements, improvements and new initiatives are rolled out including standards, processes, practices, deliverables and job aids.
• Establishes the approach for applying the IT Control Framework across the portfolio of projects which includes approving the Baseline Deliverables and reviewing Stage Gates in the project lifecycle.
• Provides support to IT Delivery, IT and the business through expert understanding of the IT Control Framework and how to leverage it to improve the quality and success of the work effort.
• Ensures program and project management methodologies, control framework practices, resource and quality management practices and organizational change management techniques are applied, as appropriate, to efforts under the portfolio.
• Ensure adherence to and support of compliance, audit and risk controls for technology solutions within IT Delivery
• Managing work activities related to the assigned System Portfolio(s) which can include Business Case development, major incidents communications, maintaining portfolio road maps, portfolio health assessments and ensuring Disaster Recovery Plans are current,
• Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
• Develop project plans, specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project resources and direct reports to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
• Prepare project status reports, and keep management, clients and others informed of project status and related issues.
• Confer with project resources and direct reports to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
• Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
• Ensure compliance to IT Control Framework and project documentation is archived for future reference as per standards.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
• Plan team resource needs; allocate, supervise and review work.
• Communicate plans, status and issues to higher levels of management.
• Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation
• Understanding of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage
• Solid understanding of relevant technologies
• Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
• Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Skill in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
• Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
• Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to blend creative, problem-solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new system approaches to seize opportunities and sustain business success
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
Good banking products and processes knowledge.
Experience: Project Management Professional (PMP) certified a plus, but not required, minimum of 10+ years of industry experience
Education: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
Silicon Valley Bank - 2 years ago
SVB Financial Group is the holding company for Silicon Valley Bank, which serves emerging and established companies involved in technology,...