The Project Manager, Web Technologies will manage projects involving design, development, and maintenance of Trek’s websites and applications. This position will organize projects, create timelines and help in planning and communications. This person keeps multiple cross-functional teams on target, manages scope and delivers the project requirements on time.
- Works with the Marketing, Interaction Design, Web Technologies, Content Management and Creative teams in developing long-term strategy for requested projects.
- Works with resource managers on taking long-term strategy, mapping out
launch dates, and helping to ensure the success of projects.
- Determines, communicates and documents delays in launching projects. Communicates resource concerns and gives recommendations.
- Works with the project requestor to understand project goals, gathers requirements and establishes milestones that will be used to align resources across departments.
- Determines project kick-off dates and timelines by working with resource managers and
- Facilitates project meetings from initial soft kick-offs, to any team scrums necessary
during the project lifecycle.
- Tracks lessons learned and develops templates for future projects.
- Ensures on time delivery of projects, verifying that team members are completing tasks on time and staying within project scope and parameters.
- Determines timing of design reviews, assigns timeline tasks and follows up— confirming the customer of the product is completely satisfied.
- Completes Scope Creep documents if changes are requested. Performs and communicates change impact analysis to project stakeholders.
- Frequently reviews teams’ concerns and questions. Develops solutions as necessary.
- Becomes an AtTask super user and helps with development of AtTask. Helps team members with AtTask as needed.
- Reviews process concerns with the Program Manager, implementing continuous process improvement when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- Experience in web design and development.
- 3 years experience in Web project management including leading small to mid-size cross-functional project teams and managing simultaneous projects, including IT components.
- Proficiency in web development related technologies.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of a multi-tier organization, including senior management.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Experience managing vendor relationships— advertising agencies, web design firms, etc.
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 19 months ago