Education Pioneers seeks a highly-organized, collaborative, and talented individual to manage the planning and implementation of our Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship in the Western Region. This role focuses on executing strategies which directly align to and support our long-term outcomes of “increasing top talent in education” and “preparing leaders to lead.” The Program Manager will serve as a primary agent to select and onboard Graduate School and Analyst Fellows, support high-impact project work, and facilitate a powerful and transformational experience for the local cohorts. Reporting to the Senior Director – Western Region, the Program Manager will be part of a team operating Education Pioneers programs across California and will engage with Education Pioneers team members across the country, as well as Fellowship candidates, current Fellows, and Partner organizations.
The Western Region Program Manager’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Implement a transformative and outstanding experience for Graduate School and Analyst Fellows –
- Serve as a lead facilitator for Fellowship workshops and other key program elements;
- Manage relationships with Partners and Fellows to assure high impact project work;
- Contribute knowledge and expertise to help inform aspects of the national design, content and resources used for the Fellows Program.
Induct Fellows into a network of impactful education leaders –
- In collaboration with other Western Region team members, maintain strong relationships and ongoing communication with Partners to match organizations with talent that meets their needs;
- Adapt national program resources to address local context and incorporate local issues;
- Serve as a skilled coach, mentor, and guide for Fellows, providing direct and targeted support regarding their Fellowship experience, ongoing professional development and long-term career planning.
Contribute to our local strategy to improve effectiveness of the education sector –
- Collaborate with the California team in implementing meaningful and relevant engagement opportunities for Education Pioneers Alumni;
- Engage Education Pioneers Alumni to support the Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship as Partners, speakers/panelists, and mentors to current Fellows.
Support our national strategy to recruit, select, and place a diverse group of talented graduate students into the Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship Programs –
- Recruit and select a diverse group of talented candidates into Education Pioneers’ Fellowship programs;
- Conduct in-depth interviews with applicants to assess their candidacy;
- Work closely with the California team to make final decisions regarding admissions into the Graduate School Fellowship and Analyst Fellowship.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
• Graduate degree required
• Three or more years of relevant professional experience including teaching, coaching/mentoring, professional development, content design, program design and management, recruiting, or talent placement
• Superb facilitation, networking, and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge of the current K-12 education reform landscape required; significant education reform experience in California preferred
• Extensive skill in relationship building with team members and external partners
• Experience successfully delivering a program in a fast-paced environment and facilitating discussion among diverse groups of adults
• Ability to work in and across several communication platforms (online alumni community, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and internal systems (Salesforce, Google Docs and Intranet)
• Willingness to travel frequently within California
• Education Pioneers Alumni are encouraged to apply
• A strong commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and core values of courage, optimism, collaboration, and action
• Independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented self-starter
• Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, resourceful, and persistent change agent
• Creative, imaginative, and innovative problem solver
• Principled leader with high ethical standards
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in urban education to reflect the urban communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color to join our team. We support equal opportunity for all people and we strongly encourage people of color to apply for positions in our organization.
Duties and responsibilities may change. All Education Pioneers employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.