US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Number of Openings
Opportunity to join a dynamic team as Program Manager of an important NOAA IDIQ program within the Civil Information Solutions Operating Unit. Builds, oversees and provides general management of a portfolio of programs under the IDIQ vehicle. Leads team of both Northrop Grumman and subcontractor staff and responsible for multi-million dollar annual revenue. This individual will lead the capture team for future areas within the program. Create an environment to foster business growth and collaboration within the Program, and NGC. Provides overall supervision of on-site Contractor personnel, acts as primary interface between Government and Contractor personnel, and reviews and monitors Contractor technical work for overall quality, efficiency, and timeliness. Has outstanding knowledge and competence in one or more specific technical areas (oceans, satellites, weather, and research and development) and is recognized internally and externally as exceedingly well qualified to conceptualize, manage, coordinate, and carry out complex projects and programs. External reputation may be national or international; within areas of expertise. Manages resources and activities or defines technical approaches to be implemented by others. Prepares and delivers presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government Representatives.
The Program Manager is ultimately responsible for the quality and efficiency of both the technical and business processes. Will have the ultimate authority to commit the contractor’s organization and make decisions for the contractor’s organization in response to the customer issues, concerns, or problems. Will be readily available to respond to the customer’s questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting to potential contractual or programmatic issues.. The program manager seeks out new projects and supports their development. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with customers to promote progress on existing programs and builds potential for future work. Develops strategy, goals and plans for programs and projects, and identifies resources to ensure management and support organizations understand requirements. The program manager establishes budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Represents the organizational unit as prime internal and external contact on programs and projects. Interacts with management concerning matters of significance. Frequently conducts briefings to senior management and customer representatives, and conducts frequent site visits for employee and customer discussions.
This role will promote/apply EEO principles, respect work force diversity, and provide for the welfare of employees (including timely and accurate completion of HR actions) and their professional growth to attract and retain personnel
- M.S. or B.S. in Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, other Physical Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
- Minimum 10 years experience leading a portfolio of projects with large, geographically and organizationally diverse teams including executive reporting of program performance (cost, schedule, technical, and staffing)
- Minimum 10 years experience leading, mentoring and motivating multi-disciplinary team staff of at least 50+ employees to 200+ staff of various labor categories and skills
- Experience supervising of all phases affecting scientific performance including scientific programming and mathematical analysis; thorough grounding in the techniques of scientific research, mathematical analysis and scientific programming; and experience and knowledge of the current state-of-the-art in satellite remote sensing.
- Strategic planning experience including visioning, development of business cases, and implementation of innovation
- Ten plus years of progressive experience, overseeing a P&L organization in similar size, scope and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to grow business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior industry and Government officials
- Experience working with or for NOAA scientific organizations
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- PMP Certified or equivalent
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...