Events & Meetings Planner
We are presently hiring an Events & Meetings Planner to work with a team at a high profile account in Central Ohio. This candidate must have experience in planning and executing business-related meetings, events, customer programs and training seminars within the U.S. and internationally.
**The Position is located at the onsite in Central Ohio; No Exceptions**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally plan, coordinate and make logistical arrangements for business-related meetings, events, VIP visits and associated activity functions.
- Inspect and critically evaluate meeting space, lodging and related venues and services to ensure a consistently high standard of quality, safety and security.
- Select key suppliers, prepare budgets, negotiate and execute contracts in compliance with Delegated Client Procurement guidelines, audit and process payment on behalf of our client's business units and associated service groups.
- Serve as a valued advisor to our client in analyzing and recommending the most productive, cost-effective venues and formats for business meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with resource and service providers, including: hotels, conference centers, restaurants, ground and air transportation companies, destination management companies, caterers, entertainment companies, gift suppliers, audio/visual companies, florists, etc.
- Maintain professional standing through continuing education and advanced certification, as well as membership and regular involvement in professional organizations (Meeting Professionals International).
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to negotiate with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to promote and support teamwork among peers, clients and suppliers.
- Capable of adapting to quickly changing circumstances, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make the client feel that they are the highest priority.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self starter.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Strong selling skills and customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and attention to accuracy.
- Minimum five years meeting and event planning experience.
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities and custom differences.
- Able to quickly adapt to diverse environments.
- High degree of discretion and sensitivity to protocol.
- Worldspan or GDS Knowledge helpful
- Online Meeting Registration & Planning Tool experience
- Approx. 20-25% travel is involved for this position
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
English - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...