US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Program Director to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Information Technology Business Group. This position will be working in the Medicare/Medicaid area.
You will be responsible for overall program management to include cost, profit, schedule, and technical performance for contracts and the direction of all phases of the program and projects implemented on the contract from inception through completion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages a complex and highly visible program to help prevent waste, fraud and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs
- Develops the negotiation strategy and approach and actively leads and shapes the negotiation of contract and contract changes; develops and manages the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, pricing and operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Provides leadership on delivery frameworks that foster successful collaboration with customers, partners, subcontractors, and other stakeholders in a challenging environment.
- Establishes strategies and practices that help drive innovative solutions. Advocates for strategic product roadmap to support the client’s dynamic mission Acts as a primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Manages program assigned personnel to include professional development of staff, recruiting, performance evaluations and mentoring for advancement.
- Provides subcontract management of key suppliers and team members.
- Oversees technical management of ongoing tasks; participates in project planning; ensures quality, accuracy, and timeliness of deliverables.
- Ensures program execution excellence as per CMMI processes and multiple Northrop Grumman best practices
- Develops additional business through identification of new tasks, contract expansion opportunities, and participation in capability briefings.
- Manages program goals and objectives established in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Manages service levels and the mitigation of service level credits
- Manages continuous improvement throughout the program and provides thought leadership to the client
- Provides client relationship management and ensures client satisfaction is achieved throughout the life of the program
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS Required
- 10 solid years of program management experience
- Previous experience in managing software development projects using best practice SDLC methodologies.
- Mainframe and mid-tier software development experience
- Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology experience
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from the business and technology areas of customer
- Demonstrated experience in managing cost plus contracts
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
- Track record of delivering program statement of work against operational, financial and customer satisfaction metrics
- Proven experience in growing program statement of work
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Medicaid Services, Social Security Administration or Veteran's Administration
- Medicare, Medicaid, and/or Fraud/Waste Prevention subject matter expertise
- Experience managing high-profile projects with Center for Medicare
- Service-oriented architecture
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...