Program Manager (Job Number: 318502)
SAIC has a job opening for a Program Manager supporting community programs in Washington, DC.
This Program Manager will support an information technology contract that involves planning, designing, developing, integrating, testing, training, deploying, operating and maintaining a system for the Department of Justice. Travel is expected no more than 10% of the time to SAIC locations.
Successful experience in managing complex engineering projects from initiation to deployment, with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction in using an agile methodology. The Project Manager will have binding decision making authority within their organization to meet contract requirements. The Project Manager shall be responsible for the technical, cost and schedule performance. The Project Manager shall be the principal interface between the government and SAIC and the project and associated subcontractors for all matters. The Project Manager will oversee the installation, planning and support of the inmate LANs. The contract resources will provide direct support to IT staff located at field sites with regard to installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance. Additionally, the PM will provide support with regard to project planning in support of the overall deployment process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field and 8+ years of related experience.
- Management of projects with significant systems engineering, agile software development, COTS integration, test and evaluation content, and transition to operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated successful experience working independently or under only general direction from higher management.
- U.S. Citizen citizenship required.
- The Program Manager should have should have at least five years of demonstrated cost, schedule, and performance management responsibility and accountability on projects of equivalent size and complexity.
- A Master’s degree in management, computer science, IT, engineering, or a related field as well as certification as a professional project manager through a recognized Government or industry authority is highly desirable.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2012, 4:10:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...