Posting Job Title: Program Manager
Requisition #: 142598BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Program Manager for our Network Operations and Planning Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
A Program Manager is responsible for successfully running complex programs and/or projects. Candidate must also keep a strategic focus on the overall direction, management and coordination of their programs. Candidate will be involved in different stages of a project/program and manages the planning, scheduling, risk mitigation, implementation and tracking progress. Candidate will be able to assure their programs are well defined, aligned with corporate goals, that the appropriate projects are being worked to achieve success within the program and that all necessary participants are aligned across the company as a whole. The program manager will also be responsible for the strategic roadmap of their initiatives, communications with senior management on their initiatives and managing the goals, risks and business impacts of their programs.
- Successful candidate will have 3 - 5 years of program management experience and 7 - 10 years of prior project management experience in network/telecom background.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate successful management of programs with increasing levels of scope and complexity.
- Must be able to manage the multiple projects and project managers associated with their program, align schedules, resolve conflicts, resolve issues escalated to them, maintain the risk assessment for the program, provide decisions with regard to prioritization of activities, and communicate with executive management on status and escalations.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with project management software (MS Project) required. SharePoint and CA Clarity experience is a plus.
- Ability to build a strong knowledge of Time Warner Cable products and services, gain knowledge of how they are used by its customers and develop a deep understanding of the infrastructure. Broad understanding of the product development disciplines necessary to develop, design, evaluate, test, implement, operate, and maintain integrated products based on a complex ISP infrastructure. Must have an understanding of technical product development, test environments and operational support activities.
- Communications industry experience (cable, telephone, wireless communications or Internet companies) is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before C level executives, Senior Management, groups of customers and/or employees of the organization.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communications skills, as well as PC software skills in Microsoft Office are key performance requirements in this position.
- Experience with geographically disbursed teams is necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Travel 35 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com .
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 19 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...