Kindle Fire is the #1 best-selling, most gifted and most wished-for product across the millions of items on Amazon.com. Our Kindle Periodicals team is looking for a Operations Program Manager to help us improve the customer experience and increase selection of our magazines, newspapers and blogs.
The role will work with top media brands around the world, and combines project management with hands-on technical integration. This includes building relationships with content providers and technology vendors, working with internal stakeholders (business owners, product managers, engineering teams and operations) and driving end to end integration of digital content with Amazon systems. The individual will help define and manage Amazon's content delivery and reporting specifications, respond to proposals and manage relationships with the content vendors to meet overall goal. You will interact with publishers to stay on top of new content deliveries, changes in specs, resolution of problems including issues related to ingestion, quality and reporting. The candidate will improve our partner experience by delivering superior support, and by relentlessly advocating for content providers throughout the enterprise. You will also own the technical relationship after launch, which includes monitoring and reporting delivery performance as well as improving the product our customers receive.
Basic Job Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience managing cross-functional projects, programs with tight deadlines
- 5-7 years of experience in product or process definition, ideally having taken a product or process design from concept to execution
- Experience working with XML and knowledge of XML fundamentals
- Comfort with technology, and general knowledge FTP, Images, Encoding, DRM, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships with partners
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- A track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Intermediate understanding of Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Excel VBA
- Software development experience
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...