Essential Job Functions:|
Performs supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including but not limited to, performance reviews, recommending salaries and promotions, training, interviewing and hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
Identifies development needs and potentials of employees, and provides or recommends project assignments and training to increase expertise to meet current or future division needs.
Provides technical support and feedback for direct reports.
Participates as team leader or as an active member of the team to meet company objectives and ensure department responsibilities are completed.
Coordinates with team members, internal and external suppliers and outside professionals to ensure project output meet users’ needs as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
Actively participates in training and providing input to training of employees on division procedures and policies.
Reviews and analyzes costs in order to identify and implement cost improvements.
Creates, tracks and meets project schedules, plans and budgets.
Provides input, feedback and maintenance for department and division procedures and policies.
Assesses priorities and makes assignments to direct reports to ensure project and company priorities are met.
Coordinates and/or directs all aspects of product development activity related to a product line.
Coordinates product development activities of R&D/Product Development teams, including integration of RA, QA/QE, ME, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Packaging Engineering for a product line.
Complies with company procedures and policies, government regulations.
1. Ability to concurrently handle a variety of projects and coordinate the efforts of direct reports and cross-functional teams.
2. Ability to work with in-house and outside support groups.
3. Ability to independently work with outside medical and technical professionals.
4. Strong skills in communicating with all levels of technical and operating management.
5. Demonstrated positive communication and human relation skills.
6. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as leader or member of a cross-functional team, as well as ability to independently function in the technical and supervisory capacities.
7. Good skills in project management.
8. Strong ability to analyze and use technical data and resources.
9. Ability to specify requirements for products, product components and assemblies, tooling and fixtures.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
Minimum of Bachelors degree in a technical field and minimum of seven (7) years experience.
A minimum of two years experience in a supervisory capacity.
Demonstrated knowledge of development, manufacturing and quality systems requirements for medical devices required.
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a technical field.
Prefer a minimum of 6 years experience in the medical field or closely related industry or a Masters Degree plus three years.
Quality Engineering Certification (ASQ) or equivalent.
Extensive knowledge of FDA GMP/GLP, Medical Device Directive, ASTM, AAMI, CEN and ISO.
C. R. Bard - 20 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...