Warwick, Rhode Island
Provide leadership and oversight of cross-functional team(s) encompassing all aspects of product development from concept through post-commercialization review, with an emphasis on the development of ‘high barrier to entry’ products. Emphasis on leading and managing in a matrix organization through influence at all levels of the organization.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional group comprising product development, quality, regulatory, clinical, manufacturing, and marketing to develop, communicate, and measure progress against goals and metrics for program success.
- Oversee all aspects of product development from the earliest definition of the product concept through commercialization in all global markets.
- Manage project and product cost against budget; reports and advises on recovery plans necessary to achieve budget targets.
- Coordinate with leaders of manufacturing to plan and execute transfer of products from design to production.
- Partner with clinical researchers, clinical organization, corporate resources, marketing, and external stakeholders to plan and execute clinical studies for regulatory approval and to support reimbursement.
- Exercise performance management of all team members in cooperation with respective functional managers
Davol Inc. and C.R. Bard, Inc. are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers, M/F/D/V.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences, or Electrical Engineering degree required.
- Five to ten years experience in product development leadership in the surgical, disposable medical products or related industries with particular experience in products involving complex clinical and regulatory considerations.
- Good verbal and written communication with all levels of division and corporate leadership.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, current FDA Medical Devices legislation and regulations.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
MS Degree or PhD preferred.
C. R. Bard - 20 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...