The Program Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Operations-led programs from initiation through execution. He/she will be expected to take accountability for the planning, structuring, leading and execution of projects, in order to assist with the achievement of agreed business objectives. He/she will take responsibility for managing the delivery team consisting of program management, business analysis resources, third parties and the relationship with IT development teams.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
- Accountable for the delivery of the program with respect to appropriate levels of quality, timeliness and budget
- Ensure that all programs under management have structured plans, Risks, Actions, Issues, Dependencies logs, Governance & Steering Committees in place
- Act as the control point for tracking, monitoring and actively managing issues, mitigating risks and making the project / program successful against an agreed project charter
- Ensure the robustness and quality of all planning and estimation processes that are undertaken, and supports the Sponsor in securing Business Case approval from the Executive Committee and IDB funding (as applicable)
- Ensure all expenditure commitments and payments are authorized, controlled and tracked in accordance with agreed corporate standards
- Successfully manages the relationship between the program and key business stakeholder
- Responsible for ensuring the quality assurance and overall integrity of the program
- Develop metrics for measuring success
- Identify business interdependencies and ensure proper coordination. Monitor and track dependencies among workstreams and report to key stakeholders
- Drive resolution of issues and escalate when necessary
- Identify, interpret and manage the business risk exposure associated with / generated by the change / transformation
- Drive program delivery to ensure that tangible business benefits are owned by the sponsor and impacted business area from initiation through to benefit realization
- Maintain compliance with key regulatory and risk management procedures, and regulatory bodies, while ensuring that performance objectives are set and assessed against the relevant regulatory / corporate requirements
- Perform business process analysis and conduct as-is reviews and gap analysis in order to identify opportunities and solutions
- Establish regular workstream / program / Steering Committee meetings, ensuring these are documented and that any resulting actions are actively followed up
- Ensure project is compliant with corporate PMO policies
- Four-year degree from a top tier institution. MBA and/or PMI certification preferred
- 10+ years program and project management work experience, preferably in insurance or financial services; insurance Operations experience is a plus
- Proven experience in managing large, multi-year, cross-functional programs, which include the delivery of IT platforms
- Ability to successfully drive programs from inception through to execution, including the development of business requirements, strategic solutions/recommendations, RFPs and vendor selection, business case development, and project plan and deliverables
- Proven experience in developing and deploying program and project management processes, controls and tools
- Strong executive reporting background and previous experience presenting to, and working with, Senior management
- Must demonstrate strong relationship management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in business analysis, process analysis and gap analysis
- Experience in translating ambiguous project goals / objectives into the presentation of clear deliverables to the business and stakeholders
- Strong customer orientation, and the ability to build sustainable relationships with diverse stakeholders across multiple business lines
- Ability to manage a diverse team effectively to achieve complex business objectives
- Ability to develop a high level of trust, and to influence business stakeholders through personal impact
- Track record in driving change in the face of ambiguity and resistance.
- Requires a self-directed professional with strong initiative, leadership, team-building, change management, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software including Project, Access, Visio and PowerPointAbout AIG
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...