Job Description:PROGRAM NAME:|
GRADE: A/B 23
OBJECTIVE: To manage the daily operations of a group of
direct services teams led by subordinate supervisors;
supervise direct service and support staff; coordinate
service delivery to ensure that client needs, program
goals and contract objectives are effectively met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
regular individual and group staff meetings and case
- Supervise program and Supervisory staff including
consultation; ensure proper client to staff ratio.
competencies, coaching plans, and orientation for
- Assist the Program Director in developing core
to program staff and oversee service delivery.
- Approve admission of clients to program; assign cases
provide on-going assistance to program staff in
- Provide support with in-crisis or problem cases;
external quality assurance standards.
- Review and monitor case files for both internal and
- Ensure services provided comply with contractual
Children and Families, Department of Juvenile Justice,
- Liaison to community agencies such as Dept. of
etc. and attend closure or conference staffing.
documentation and reports in a professional and timely
- Ensure program supervisors and staff completes all
- Assist in grant writing, contract negotiating or
in a timely manner.
- Maintain and generate necessary reports and paperwork
of program staff.
- Provide direct supervision and casework in the absence
delivery of services on a day to day basis through staff
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and seamless
supervision and performance monitoring in compliance
with contract and CHS requirements.
meetings, and activities.
- Attend program related trainings, programs, community
Standard TS 3:
- Perform supervisory responsibilities specified in COA
the organization's mission, policies and procedures and
- delegate and oversee work assignments
- ensure that service delivery is performed according to
- provide case consultation and in-service training, as
jobs by teaching and modeling technical knowledge and
- identify unmet training needs
- conduct performance evaluations
- support and enhance staff's ability to perform their
skills, work management and communication skills and
conflict management skills.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
All degrees must be from an accredited university.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or comparable human
and families, preferably in the type of program that the
- Minimum of two years experience working with children
Program Manager will be overseeing.
two years' post-masters degree experience working with
- One (1) year of supervisory experience
- For Family Preservation and Stabilization Services,
children and families, preferably in family preservation
for specific skills and knowledge that pertain to the
- Please see COA (Council on Accreditation) standards
program in which the Program Supervisor is working
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Program management experience
Standard TS 3.07: Ability to:
- Possess abilities specified for supervisors in COA
- Address interpersonal barriers and strengths in his/her
- Empower those receiving supervision
- Offer criticism in a constructive manner
- Understand employment and labor laws.
- Effective management practices
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to handle confidential information
all essential functions
- Effctive administrative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of cultural diversity
- Ability to make accurate assessments of individuals
- Ability to travel
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
NEEDED: sitting, standing, walking, kneeling,
bending/stooping, reaching, driving
PREFERRED: lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling,
Children's Home Society of Florida - 2 years ago