The Cloud Collaboration Applications Technology Group (CCATG) is responsible for Cisco's Instant Messaging, Conferencing and Enterprise Social software products. These include the brands Cisco WebEx Meetings, Cisco WebEx Social, and Cisco Jabber. Cisco WebEx is the premier online conferencing product. Cisco WebEx Social delivers social networking to the enterprise, integrating real-time communications and network-based content to transform the way employees interact, collaborate, share knowledge, and innovate. In addition, several platform initiatives supporting the collaboration portfolio are also under development.
CCATG Program Manager responsibilities will include:
Skills and Behaviors Required
- Lead cross-functional program teams in the planning, definition and execution of products and programs within the CCATG portfolio with a focus on software
- Drive definition and closure of project requirements, project plans/schedules, and resource needs. Serve as a primary owner of program commitments.
- Actively manage program risk, provide consistent program status and progress against objectives at all levels within the corporation.
- Manage projects that involve significant business complexity and communication, with significant collaboration and conflict resolution across diverse organizations both across CCATG and Cisco.
- Work collaboratively with CCATG Program Management team
Demonstrated competence in project planning, scheduling, and management of multiple, concurrent programs is essential. Position requires significant autonomy in defining effective methods to meet objectives, and in executing to them. Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of objectives and overall success of projects. Frequent interaction with peer and functional peer groups at various management levels, and with outside vendors is also required.
- Work Ethic
- Technical Competence to the degree required for effective interaction with Engineering Teams and External Vendors; experience with software application development is strongly desired
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk: Advanced Interpersonal and Program Management Skill
- Previous experience in SaaS-based software products is desired
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification highly desired.
Effective interaction and communication with Executive Leadership and with external customers, and the interpersonal discipline and sophistication to excel in these interactions, is mandatory. Experience with cloud-based software and/or SaaS-based products is preferred
Deliverables and Actions Summary for this Position: Some Specifics
Documentation/Planning Deliverables and Associated Authoring Tools
- Lead and ensure effective execution against project delivery processes for CCATG product launch teams
- Lead cross functional project teams in development, tracking, and reporting on the status of all project deliverables and schedules throughout the product development cycle
- Drive your teams to deliver projects on schedule and on budget
- Create and edit program plans and program status presentations
- Negotiate and Manage project priorities
- Routinely update program web-based status pages with current issues and risks and when appropriate participate in operations reviews and other leadership forums
- Schedule and drive project forums to meet business needs
- Program Plans: MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio
- Microsoft Project Schedules: MS Project
- Software Branching Diagrams: Powerpoint, Visio
- Execute Commit Material: Powerpoint, Excel, Visio
- Meeting Minutes, Action Item Tracking Workbooks: Word, Excel
- Project Community Development and Maintenance: using Cisco WebEx Social
- Executive Summary Material: Excel, PowerPoint, Web-Based Material
- Other planning, communication, and tracking material as required by individual programs or locations
B.A, B.S or Equivalent is Mandatory. Program Management Professional (PMP) or MBA credential is highly desired.
Successful Program Management associates within Cisco represent a diverse educational background: Candidates will be considered from a range of academic disciplines, including but not limited to Computer Science, Business/Business Management, and Liberal Arts.
Advanced degrees and/or certifications are a plus as well.
Demonstrated competence in this field over a minimum of five years is a prerequisite.
Specifically, evidence of consistent effectiveness in program management of complex, multi-location environments that require significant PM autonomy and initiative is desired.
Work Experience with US based multi-national companies required.
This position is located in San Jose, CA. Relocation is not currently offered.
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...