Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant has an immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager on site with our customer in Norfolk, Va. Individual will be directly managing two project teams totally totalling 20-25 people that are currently responsible for full life cycle applications development, from gathering requirements to post deployment support, as well as maintenance and help desk support. This position requires overall project management, financial management, performance management for team members and direct collaboration with our client and continuous support of corporate objectives.
• Responsible for the overall direction and management of multiple software maintenance development projects.
• Provides technical guidance over engineering and project implementation to include full life cycle support.
• Supervises, leads, and directs technical teams and project activities.
• Serves as primary customer point of contact, including providing daily schedule status and issues, developing weekly status reports, and discussing project strategy with client management
• Responsible for assigning tasks, establishing and maintaining task/project schedules, and maintaining liaison between appropriate project personnel and the customer to ensure effective coordination of all project efforts.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the activities of a project.
• Ability to access, interpret and apply Government and industry standards, specifications, and handbooks.
• Prepares and adheres to project cost, schedule and staffing plans, preparing plans, proposals, briefings and managing customers and subcontractors as required.
• Responsible for program/project budgets
• Responsible for career development of team members
• Structured, disciplined approach to Project Management
• Proven track record ofTwoFive years or more successfully managing the performance of 10-20 person teams
• Experience managing full life cycle applications development, preferably in a web environment
• Solid customer facing experience and ability to collaborate and deliver client driven results
• Experience with contract management
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and be responsive to project personnel, customers and Citizant executive management
• Excellent oral communications and written skills, including giving formal presentations to different audiences
• Desire to be a team player and leader that contributes to the client’s success and company’s growth
• Proven experience managing project budgets
• Experience with MS Project
• Experience managing and coding web projects using Java J2EE
• Experience managing web projects in Java J2EE is a plus
• Experience with mainframe COOLGEN CA: GEN projects is a plus
• Experience working in CMMI is a plus
• Must have a BS degree or higher in related field
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Citizant, Inc - 13 months ago