Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant is looking for a Program Manager to manage an application development program. The PM will provide oversight over the development of several simultaneous application development efforts utilizing Agile methodologies, practices, and processes while ensuring budgets and schedules are met. The ideal candidate will oversee several project teams consisting of approximately 100 staff members with various disciplines including developers, interface designers, manual and automated testers, business architects, configuration managers, project schedulers, and business, quality, risk, and training analysts.
- Organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks
- Overseeing project teams, potentially at multiple locations
- Maintaining and managing the client interface at the senior levels of the organization
- Ensuring conformance with program schedules and costs
- Keeping the leadership team apprised of any risks, issues, and dependencies and working with them to mitigate and prioritize them
- Coaching/mentoring of Agile methodologies, processes, and best practices as it is implemented and used during the application development life cycle
- Enforcing the rules of Scrum while removing team impediments
- Promoting collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional development teams
- Conducting weekly reviews with the client
- Overseeing change management, release planning, sprint planning, product and sprint backlog grooming, sprint reviews, retrospectives, daily standup meetings, user story development, estimation, and other related activities.
- 12+ years of IT program/project management experience
- 3+ years of experience overseeing multiple projects
- Government contract experience
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development and methodologies including Kanban and Lean
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Thorough understanding of DHS Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC)
- Ability to understand and address technical issues
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and tasks
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative, multi-vendor environment
- Ability to coach team members to reach their highest potential
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Collaborative experience in driving decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
- Bachelors Degree in Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, or other technical discipline.
- Additional preferred skills include an familiarity with multiple of the following tools and frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Atlassian Bamboo and Jira, Activiti, Adobe Lifecycle, Chef, Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Hibernate, Java, JBoss Application Server and Rules Engine, Jenkins, Junit, Liquibase, Maven, MongoDB, Nexus, Notepad++, Oracle Database, MuleSoft Studio, Rally Selenium, Spring Framework, Drools
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.