Title: Program Manager
Position Summary : The goal of satisfying residents spiritual, vocational, emotional, social intellectual and physical needs, as well as building upon residents strengths. Encourages, supports and motivates residents and co-workers to ensure maximum participation in the programs.
Routine Functions of the Position:
Coordinate and drive the Restorative Program by acting as a connection between therapy, the PCAs and Nursing. Ensure consistent follow through with therapy recommendations regarding specific resident care.
Promote resident independence by focusing on residents abilities.
Receives and addresses residents families or responsible parties questions and concerns
Maintains staffing schedules to meet the needs of Pathways.
Maintains shower schedules, room cleaning schedules and house cleaning of new units.
Attend Wellness meetings and assist in Pathways to determine appropriate levels of care.
Assist nurse in performing assessment of current and prospective residents.
Works at least on 3-11 and one split shift on 11-7 per month in order to provide a continuum of care from shift to shift.
Participates in recruiting, interview and selection of all Pathways personnel.
Orients new PCAs and is responsible for ensuring ongoing training
- Monitor dining functions.
- Works closely with the activity services coordinator to provide therapeutic activities and promote the social program.
- Motivates and encourages resident on an ongoing basis in order to achieve maximum participation in all levels of activity.
- Keep close tracking of residents functional abilities. Early identification of changes in residents abilities could prevent major functional declines.
- Recognizes and respects residents rights.
Critical Skill Factors :
- Ability to maintain sympathetic, positive, helpful and therapeutic attitude toward residents and exercise initiative and judgment, when needed.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the elderly.
- Must be a good and empathetic listener.
Requires standing, walking, twisting, bending, pushing, kneeling, stooping, stretching, lifting a minimum of 25 pounds (lift belt provided).
Requires normal range of hearing and vision, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Requires knowledge of office equipment; e.g. fax, phones, intercom system, computer and printer; fire board panel and call bell; also VCR/TV, video camera; small appliances. Workplace includes the entire building and surrounding grounds,
Experiences- Prior personal care experience or exhibited prior supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
Certification/License - Valid Drivers License with no major violations within the past five (5) years.
General - Should not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others, be clean, neat and professional in appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
Country Meadows Retirement Communities - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Country Meadows is a great place to work.
Country Meadows takes great pride in the fact that our co-workers are known for being among the...