This position must
deliver on highly complex, multi-discipline, multi-subcontractor
research and development projects. The project manager will provide
supervision and direction for project teams of up to 40 personnel with
significant potential impact for the corporation, and function as a
single point of contact for project execution, scheduling, forecasting,
monitoring and reporting.
(All other duties as assigned)
Follow a formal
project management process to execute projects as part of a governed set
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- of R&D programs aligned to the company’s strategic objectives.
- Perform project planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting and tracking
- Manage tasks against project requirements, schedule and milestones
- Facilitate project team meetings and activities
- Work closely with program manager and project technical lead to meet project requirements
- Ensure project artifacts are produced and stored in a controlled repository
- Meet project evaluation and performance criteria
- Ensure all project
data is comprehensive, accurate and available to incorporate into the
R&D program portfolio and governance processes
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting of project spend and project value proposition
- Maintain the documentation of all of the above activities
- Access the impact of
new requirements to the existing project and work with discipline
managers and project technical lead to develop strategies to meet
- Identify project dependencies and resource optimization opportunities
- Definition of project scope, goals, timelines and resource requirements
- Direct supervision of
diverse technical resources including Chemistry, Material Science,
Machinery, Physics, Heat Transfer and Advanced Process Control.
- Establish and maintain project forecast
- Manage subcontractor agreements and deliverables
The Senior R&D
Program Manager will direct projects with up to 40 dedicated engineers
and scientists and budgets exceeding $10MM annually. Project value
propositions can exceed $100MM for the corporation.
Position Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or Science.
- 10 years of successful R&D project management involving multiple engineering and science disciplines.
- Material Science background preferred
- PMP certification
- Experience in LSS, preferably black belt or master black belt certification
This position reports to the Manger of R&D Project Management Office.
lick here to apply online
Endevis - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard