Position Objective: The role of the Base Operations
Program Manager is to lead the growth of GAPSI’s
services in the area of operations support to Army
installations across the U.S. The individual in the role
must be credible based on hands-on experience, be highly
motivated, and enjoy performing multi-faceted tasks. The
individual will provide a combination of technical,
business, and managerial functions to take part in the
strategic growth of GAPSI’s Base Operations line of
business in support of the Army.
Essential Functions: Develops key business relationships
in domestic government markets within the DoD community.
Has primary responsibility for identifying and
developing opportunities for business expansion and
developing relationships to increase company visibility
to targeted clients. Supports the development of
marketing strategies and long-range business plans. Acts
as liaison with DoD agencies and offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
develop/review deliverables, including documented
- Provide practice area knowledge and experience to
ongoing management of Base Operations work in
- Support the development, successful capture, and
support of the Army.
identifying industry and target client trends in the
- Maintain detail-level practice area awareness,
supported practice area.
establish teaming partner relationships, and develop
- Work with business development to market services,
materials including proposal boilerplate, marketing
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of supporting
materials, process descriptions, etc.
opportunities from existing clients.
- Identify referrals and add-on business
such as presentations, council meetings, white
- Actively participate in industry-sponsored events
papers, public-relation events, etc.
Provide Program Management support:
right resources, and minimize lag between signing of
- Support the project planning process
- Work within the deployment process to assign the
SOW and project kick-off.
- Ensure contract staff adheres to current GAPSI
quality and reporting policies.
- Ensure contract staff’s compliance with deployment,
managers in various service offerings.
- Provide criteria and testing for delivery-area
assigned projects within program area.
- Conduct QA reviews for various programs.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction for
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, abilities)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Strong written, verbal communication and
- Ability to speak at group events, and to interface
presentations to senior leadership.
- Experience in public speaking including
regulations impacting the Practice Area.
- Familiarity with any statutory, regulatory
- Knowledge of industry best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development
capabilities (i.e., must be able to listen and
- Strong organizational and communications
understand and manage in a matrix organization).
communication skills, and ability to scope
- Solid program management, planning, organizational
prospective engagements, develop proposals and
- Proven pursuit of continuous self-development and
Job Experience Requirements:
experience in support of the Army.
- Minimum of 8 years functional area or related
operational support with the Army.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in the
experience with successful delivery.
- Minimum of 2 years program or project management
or advanced training in the practice area,
- Bachelors degree in a related field. Certification
preferably via an accredited vendor training
program, or an accredited Military or other
Government Agency program as appropriate.
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
- This job description is not designed to cover or
responsibilities that are required by this position.
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...