Goodrich ISR Systems has over 50 years of experience in designing, building and testing exceptionally high quality optics and electro-optical systems. The Danbury facility (formerly Perkin-Elmer, Hughes and Raytheon) delivers these high quality systems to customers such as NASA, Department of Defense and commercial customers. The highly skilled team at Danbury produces large-scale, unique, one of a kind optics and telescopes needed for earth observation and astronomy - we need you to become part of this team to deliver these complex systems that explore space, plot the heavens and protect our armed forces. Come join us today!
Manage assigned programs in accordance with customer requirements and company processes and guidelines.
Lead teams for mid-size (20-30 people) and large (50 - 100) advanced opto-mechanical or electro-optical programs to ensure that all technical requirements are met within schedule and cost requirements.
Develop and maintain detailed program plans addressing evolving technical requirements, resource allocation, system engineering management, risk mitigation and opportunities management, and work package schedule and budget preparation.
Develop and manage subcontractors including statement of work and specification development, implementation of a detailed integrated resource and schedule database. Establish and monitor program reporting requirements including an earned value monitoring system if required. Develop a relationship with key subcontractors.
Control and monitor program execution via a detailed earned value measurement system/variance reporting including development of the various DOD reporting formats, program metrics, variance analysis and narratives and provide corrective action/work around development.
Assume the role of primary customer liaison/contact developing and fostering a relationship with our customers at the prime and government level.
Support new business development via meetings with potential customers, preparation of white papers, technical and management proposals, presentations and via contract negotiation.
Support functional management with development of typical business development including direct labor forecasts, capital planning, bidding and selling expense budgeting and monitoring, sales forecasting, cash flow, etc.
Work in an environment of continuous improvement and lean process and product development. Participate in both aspects as a normal part of the job function.
Travel required: less than 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field and 15 years’ industry experience with at least 10 years in program management
- Experience managing cost, schedule and technical performance on assigned programs
- Ability to relate with different personalities and functional groups
- Ability to manages his/her own time as well as that of the team
- Demonstrated ability to drive issues to closure, make decisions, and move forward
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Motivates, develops and directs team members as they work.
- Familiarity with government funded program requirements a plus
- Proficiency with program management tools
- Communicates well (orally and written) to program team, management, and to the customer
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Prior experience in support role in proposal preparation
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma a plus
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a security clearance
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design,...