The Program Manager plays a key role towards the success of the IT
shared service capabilities established by ITSS. He or she will work
with members of the BIM/PIM organizations and the ITSS Service Provider
organizations to deliver IT solutions that meet the needs of our
The Program Manager will lead large, enterprise, complex, and risky
initiatives that are critical in nature. Due to their complex nature,
the initiatives will be comprised of multiple projects that will be
managed by other project managers that this Program Manager will lead.
The program manager will integrate each project’s scope, definition,
budget, project documentation, resource allocation, execution,
deployment, and administrative closure to ensure the program/initiative
is on-time, on-budget, and meets the requirements and objectives set
forth by our senior leaders within International Paper
Project Assessment and Delivery Process (PDP).
- Know, understand, and execute projects in accordance with the
complex projects, perhaps globally.
- Execute project management best practices.
- Coordinate efforts between multiple project managers on large,
projects within the performance commitments across a program of
- Manage scope, financials, risk, issues, and quality of the
plans and cross-project dependencies are managed closely.
- Create and monitor project schedules, ensuring integrated project
the projects, including executive level management. Escalate when
- Identify and communicate to stakeholders throughout the life of
resolve issues, drive for results, and achieve high quality, on-time
- Work across multiple teams/organizations to reach consensus,
from ITSS, transforming individuals from various organizations into an
- Build project teams by provisioning the appropriate resources
integrated and effective working unit.
technical and business) in a dynamic environment.
- Manage multiple projects with varying requirements (both
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate project estimates and approvals.
and deliverables of a product development life cycle.
- Mentor and consult other project managers on the key activities
project management processes.
- Facilitate project assessments and improvements within the
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
with external service providers.
- Help ITSS achieve operational excellence and compete effectively
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both
inside and outside the department) policies/practices:
strong, cross-functional relationships with project managers and
- The individual will need to be able to establish and maintain
multiple projects or project teams, all supporting strategic
- The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of
initiatives. In many cases, with aggressive deadlines and high risk.
supervision, often managing through political situations and removing
- The Program Manager will be expected to act with little
by individuals who want to jump immediately into implementation phase,
- The Program Manager will often need to stand firm when confronted
without the appropriate level of planning.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
world class at program management. Through experience and training,
- The Program Manager’s development plan will focus on becoming
their expertise in planning, scheduling, managing risk, issues, change,
etc. will increase tremendously.
strategic projects that span across global organizations, internal and
- The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of
external to IT.
with external entities, ensuring global consistency and integration of
- The Program Manager will need to collaborate around the world
processes, information, and technology.
work effectively in a highly-integrated SAP environment.
- The Program Manager will need to understand the complexities and
variety of projects for IP businesses and staff groups. In addition,
- The Program Manager will have the opportunity to work on a
they will also be able to work on many different technologies and work
with many different service providers.
and outside of IT.
- The Program Manager will have the opportunity for exposure within
defining project management standards and implementing best practices
- The Program Manager will have the opportunity to participate in
within the organization.
Knowledge and Experience:
Science, or other technical field
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer
information technology field supporting solution delivery for large
- 8 - 12 years of experience managing and leading projects in the
- 12 – 15+ years of Information Technology experience
- Ability to manage and execute at the tactical and strategic
formal project methodology
- 4 years of experience managing projects utilizing a standard,
process design through production support.
- Competent in all phases of the project delivery lifecycle from
large, global initiatives
- Experience leading cross-functional and distributed teams on
definition, work breakdown structure, organization breakdown structure,
- Skilled in developing project documentation such as scope
project plan, schedule, budget, and risk management
documentation and communication
- Experience using project management software tools for project
clear, concise business communication for multiple levels (management,
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to write
(PMP) certification or be willing to work towards completing his or her
- Preferred candidate will have Project Management Professional
- Scope management
- Cost management
- Work management
- Schedule management
- Quality management
- Issue management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Business Requirement Definition
- Functional Analysis & Design
- System and Integration Testing
- Process Implementation
- Excellent communication skills
critical success factors of information technology from applications to
- Solid information technology skills; understands key concepts and
improve business performance
- Ability to learn and apply new information technologies to
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relations
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Organizational Agility
- Business Acumen
- Managing Through Systems
- Command Skills
- Process Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Political Savvy
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Priority Setting
- Understanding Other
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....