Job Title: Program Manager
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
This individual will leverage his or her considerable experience in the discipline of project and program management to effectively manage a portfolio of IT projects related to a specific line of business area or other Iron Mountain organizational entity. This Individual, will work with the business area to develop a program level roadmap and achieve the expected business value through development of an IT solution plan
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility
Work with the business area to develop a program level roadmap and support business in securing funding for the program.
Partners with the business partner and SMEs to plan and design the program roadmap including development of release phases and associated IT projects.
Is responsible for effective coordination of multiple projects and their interdependencies, ensuring that the projects within assigned program are completed according to corporate IT PMO standards.
Establishes the program organizational structure, identifies the resource demand and ensures that each project within the program is staffed appropriately and timely.
Identifies the business and IT needs of key projects, and ensures that project managers meet those needs.
Serves as focal point for and liaison between departments on project status or other project information.
Designs the communication structure for the program and establishes effective communication with other departments in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner.
Establishes and chairs a program leadership team
Promotes a business value centric culture across the program
Manages overall program level status and communicates to appropriate stakeholders
Establish and promote quality standards for program governance
Builds strong relationships with all sponsors, stakeholders and project leads
Tracks and manages overall program risk
Escalates program risk when appropriate and communicates risk and issues
Ensures project risk and issues are tracked individually and manages cross program risk and issues
Manages overall program change management.
Drives the execution of the program to delivery
Ensures overall quality of the program by establishing consistent quality standards and monitoring compliance
Proactively monitors program progress
Coordinates cross program resources to support needs of individual projects
Develops and manages the overall program budget. Effectively leveraging financial resources across projects and coordinating any funding requests that are required to ensure the continued success of the program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Educational & Experience Requirements
- MBA, MS/ and/or PhD/ and/or PMI certifications or equivalent and 15+ years related industry experience in development, implementation or marketing with a minimum of 10 years of project management with at least 5 years managing large projects and programs with multi-million dollar budgets, multiple deliveries and complex organizational structures.
- Experience with Enterprise initiatives and global management in the fortune 500 is highly desirable.
- Active participation in the development, support and maintenance of all aspects of security practices within your area of responsibility.
- Ensure process and procedures are in place to enhance security and controls.
- Collaboration and Communications with other areas to stay informed of changes and developments that may require Information Security intervention as well as keeping other departments informed of security initiatives that may affect other business units.
Technical Skills and Proficiency
- Strong project management/process background, 10+ years experience with a wide variety of methodologies, able to help lead general process direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable and capable of presenting at the CXO level.
- Ability to present to large groups
- Proficient with oral and written communication
- Leadership skills
- Responsive to customer needs
- Effective communicator
- Successful adapting to and managing change
- Attention to detail (both oral and written)
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Effective time & prioritization management
Skill Set, Experience, and Behaviors
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking
- Ability to develop relationships
- Ability to manage/work well with the team and efficiently distribute expertise
- Industry and/or company knowledge
- Must exhibit a positive approach and the ability to work efficiently as either an individual contributor or team lead
- Solid process background
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction
- Understand technical components of the job
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Iron Mountain - 23 months ago
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...