Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- In this position Keurig is seeking a candidate with a strong engineering or other technical background who has experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the design, development and implementation of consumer products for the home and office.
- Of critical importance is a strong understanding of how new products evolve from many ideas to singular products that delight the consumer. Beginning with either an unmet consumer need in search of a product, or a technical concept ready for a product application, the Program Manager first works very closely with both Marketing and Engineering to develop clear requirements and objectives for new product development, and then orchestrates the work of many specialized groups, mostly technical, to ensure timely success.
- The ability to lead and work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Quality, Finance, Suppliers, and others is key to success in this position.
- This position has significant exposure to virtually every level of the organization, and the program manager is a key member of the management team. This is a leadership position that plays a vital role as a driver of business success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A minimum of five years experience in the development, implementation and/or production of consumer products.
- A comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of the needs of the consumer, marketing and distribution of consumer products, supply chain, product R&D, engineering and operations.
- Project and/or program management experience leading high-level cross-functional teams.
- Very strong communications, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- PMI PMP certification, or the ability to attain, is highly preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Direct the planning and execution of multiple concurrent new product programs. Be a driver of team planning and program execution.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, cross business-unit teams comprised of marketing, engineering, quality, suppliers and others.
- Work effectively within a stage gate process to facilitate the development of product and program requirements, develop program charters, and create and manage project plans.
- Ensure alignment of diverse resources both within the company and at key suppliers.
- Develop and communicate program plans and timetables.
- Identify and pro-actively manage program risk. Develop program options and drive decision-making.
- Ensure that all aspects of program cost, quality, timing and scope meet business requirements.
- Provide regular significant contribution to the company’s product portfolio development process by pro-actively providing technical, financial and logistical insights.
- Develop and implement improvements to the company’s structured new product development process.
- Establish and maintain essential program documentation.
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- B.S. in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience managing new product development programs, as well as a diverse background in product development, marketing, engineering, operations, supply chain, procurement and finance.
- Strong program/project management skills and a proven record of successful program/project leadership.
- Proficiency in project management and office applications such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and others.
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing technologies such as injection molding, die casting, assembly, decoration, packaging, quality engineering and product testing.
- Strong personal leadership abilities including team building, meeting management, facilitation, negotiation and prioritization of team work.
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of product development for consumer markets.
- Ability to understand and lead personnel in all aspects of product design, engineering, marketing, quality, production, finance and supply chain.
- Experience working in a structured stage-gate system, and in leading others through the process of learning, implementing and contributing to it.
- Must be highly adaptable and willing to move rapidly from one area of expertise to the next in order to ensure continuous progress.
- PMP certification or ability to attain.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 7 months ago