We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Facility Management division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
This person will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the successful management and completion of projects
- Manage and complete the maintenance activities on the basic electrical systems to ensure system uptime, and that the services are in compliance with best practices with the client and McKinstry standards/expectations
- Responsible for the successful and timely completion of assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed upon strategies of the company
- Responsible for the definition of customer project requirements
- Own, manage and implement the project schedule as a project management and client management visibility tool, establish schedule to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Determine and facilitate the usages of resources, internal and external, required for the successful completion of the project
- Complete the maintenance service tasks on the basic electrical systems that support the critical power infrastructure
- Provide battery trend analysis for potential efficiency improvements in the current operation, and make suggested 'proactive' adjustments accordingly
- Write operating procedures as required for critical electrical systems
- Provide ongoing updates to internal team and customers regarding project status and progress
- Work to balance competing customer production priorities and negotiate compromises among projects
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Ensure all Projects are performed safely and in accordance with the McKinstry Co. Safety Policies/Procedures
- Responsible for ensuring high customer and employee satisfaction while maintaining profitability
- Ensure customer delivery meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Ensure customer project information such as sales, orders, job worksheets, and site information is forwarded to other departments such as operations and accounting to ensure quality customer service, timely billing, and financial management of the project
- Document, manage and appropriately escalate project and customer issues and concerns
- Communicate with other McKinstry Departments to ensure agreements are successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers are satisfied
- Evaluate industry standards as new standards emerge for best practices, and closely coordinate these potential opportunities with our clients and share all applicable information abroad
- Collaborate with other McKinstry NCET for cross utilization and use of best practices and idea sharing
- Provide training when applicable to facility staff
- Work with NCET to secure new business with existing clients and new clients
- Collaborate with site operations, marketing, sales and other appropriate internal resources to ensure project success and to understand the ongoing strategy
- Establish and gain customer and internal team"s agreement on deliverables and delivery date
- Build a detailed project schedule that outlines all milestone activities
- List steps to ensure a successful transition, ensure steps are completed on time, and report on outcomes
- Manage the cost of the transition program, ensure that it is performed within the pre-determined budget and that any changes in scope and costs are accounted for
- Interact with the customer to ensure that the team clearly understands their objectives and constraints
- Ensure that the appropriate communication and reporting is occurring within the transition team, with the management team, and with the client to keep everyone updated on progress, upcoming activities, as well as assignments and actions
- Actively hire and train the facility manager and other staff needed to support the operation of the Facility Management Services program for the facility
- Deliver programs on time
- Develop a site safety plan and safety and technical training courses
- Customize McKinstry work rules for each Critical Environment
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Regulate Critical Environment facility management services to prevent business impact and equipment downtime
- Establish objectives and processes required to maintain critical infrastructure at optimum performance
- Monitor, evaluate, and ensure that the check and balance program meets and exceeds deliverables
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team building and training skills.
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in facility management or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in critical electrical industry preferred.
- Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse).
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required, and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...