As the Program Manager at our facility in Muscle Shoals, AL., you will utilize your experience and talents to provide leadership and direction to the core teams and the staff of all support groups in setting and achieving program objectives for timing, cost, manufacturability, quality, localization, and customer satisfaction for the development and launch of new automotive lighting products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs in the lead role — the focal point — for product development and launch for both the customer and NAL on new automotive lighting programs
- Leads Core Team activities, including: planning new program launch; creating project schedules with key milestones; defining each functional area’s deliverables; communicating plans, schedules, and changes; and generating consensus from the team
- Understands all customer requirements for the project, communicates them to the team, and ensures that the team meets or exceeds them.
- Ensures adherence to project plan and schedule by conducting core team meetings, generating follow-up documents, managing open issues, facilitating team member’s jobs, and soliciting management support in overcoming problems
- Budgets, tracks, and, controls all project costs in real time, ensuring that all chargeable costs are assigned to the customer, and obtaining management approval for all cost overruns
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline; Masters Degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred
- 6 to 8 years of experience in program management, design, product development, sales, quality, engineering, and/or manufacturing within the automotive industry; experience in exterior automotive lighting is preferred
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Organization and planning
- Ability to monitor several program schedules and balance multiple priorities
- Business software packages, including MS Office and NAL manufacturing database systems
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills — ability confidently interact with employees, customers, and vendors at all levels of authority
North American Lighting, Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer