This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures, you MUST apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-139-JSB-MP.
The incumbent serves as a Program Manager of the Operations Support/Retirement Operations/Retirement Services. The incumbent is responsible for managing the specific functions assigned to the Group and for providing technically authoritative advice and expertise to higher levels of management concerning the retirement operations.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Plans, directs, or coordinates system reviews and assessments to identify means of improving operational effectiveness and efficiency, or to evaluate alternatives regarding the organizations and performance of work.
- Develops work methods, procedures, and operating instructions for administering retirement benefits and processing individual cases.
- Monitors industry developments, particularly in the IT arena, and coordinates solutions to Retirement Operations problems and enhancements by incorporating such technology.
- Conducts various studies and projects involving the feasibility and effects of possible changes in retirement benefits and/or the automated systems that support benefits administration.
- Deals with personnel management policy matters affecting the organization, hears group grievances, reviews serious disciplinary cases, and considers matters generally affecting the morale and welfare of the work group.
- Prepares justification for changes in budget allocations and staffing levels for Retirement Operations as a whole when necessary because of changes in workload or other developments.
You must have at least one year experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service that demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the Retirement programs administered by OPM that includes developing work methods, procedures and operating instructions for administering retirement benefits; identifying means of improving operational effectiveness and efficiency or to evaluate alternatives regarding the organization and performance of work; and dealing with personnel management policy matters affecting the organization.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Strategic Thinking
- Develop Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Retirement Program Knowledge
- Retirement Regulation Knowledge
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses may be paid. Current OPM career employees may qualify as an exception.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 16 months ago