Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Purpose of Position:
Position has responsibility for management and coordination of all technical activities on assigned programs. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned personnel and engineering work; monitors work for compliance to product requirements, applicable standards and accepted engineering practices; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned programs between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that customer requirements are being met. Expected to have fluid power technical knowledge and awareness of details, to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of OEM projects / programs assigned
- Extensive regular contact with assigned project / program clients and partners both internal and external to the company
- Participating in client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues
- Lead the preparation of project / program proposals from a technical definition, cost and schedule estimation and resource planning perspective
- Participate in design and engineering documentation reviews to ensure that voice of the customer is being correctly addressed during program
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Certified Fluid Power Specialist (CFPS) desired
- Project engineering schedules and forecasts, coordination and prioritization of project resources, checking of engineering deliverables. Utilization of project management tools, best practices and techniques (Design Reviews, Program Reviews, ECO processes, Requirements Traceability etc…)
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS in Engineering a plus
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of project / program management experience plus relevant Fluid Power industry experience
- Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, 3D CAD (Catia advantageous), PLM usage, SAP (or equivalent relational enterprise database)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...