RealNetworks®, Inc. is a Media Software and Services company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. RealNetworks creates innovative applications and services that make it easy to connect with and enjoy digital media.
Define and lead complex and mission critical software development projects enhancing the shared services platform for RealNetworks consumer businesses.
RealNetworks creates products and services that make it easier for people to access and enjoy digital media on the connected devices and platforms of their choice. The Shared Services Platform Group owns the world-class web-services based platform and back office tools that power RealNetworks’ direct to consumer properties RealPlayer, GameHouse, Superpass, and Realnetworks.com.
Key Accountabilities % of Time
1. Program management of platform services. Includes assistance with high level scoping, requirements definition and functional specification documentation. 30%
2. Project management of large technical cross-functional projects. Management of schedules, deliverables, issue tracking, cross-team coordination, and status reporting. 30%
3. Project coordination and prioritization with other RealNetworks organizations. 20%
4. Helping plan the future of RealNetworks’ platform systems and build product roadmaps. 10%
5.Mentor less experienced team members and help the group adopt industry best practices. 10%
Contact and Purpose of contact
Platform dev and qa leads/mgrs, other pgms: Day-to-day project management, process improvements, feature definition
Business stakeholders: Platform status reporting, Requirements gathering, Issues resolution
RealNetworks leadership (Dirs, GMs, VP): Status reporting, issue escalation, product planning
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline. Experience equivalency in lieu of degree is ok. Masters preferred.
- PMI Training or certification is a plus
RealNetworks®, Inc. is proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package, including vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401K, an employee stock purchase program and subsidized commuting options. Additional benefits include our charitable matching program, learning and development programs, employee wellness plans and more!
- At least 2 years experience in software project leadership from conception to close, managing projects with 10+ resources. Preferred 5 years.
- At least 2 years experience writing requirements, specs and use case documents for software projects. Preferred 3 years.
- At least 1 years experience defining new features and/or platform evolution for complex 24x7 online platforms
- Experience with Agile software development methodology desired, digital media ecommerce experience preferred
RealNetworks is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
RealNetworks - 2 years ago
The Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP) involves twenty-four countries around the world. IODP arose from the Deep Sea Drilling Project...