The Program Manager shall be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of capabilities necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. Will utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
- Work with higher level program manager, if applicable, to provide effective and efficient management of the contractor’s effort
- Allocate resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
- Review and propose the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule)
- Review and approve all earned value, Estimate To Complete, Funds and Manhour Expenditure Report, or other financial reports, as appropriate
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities and allocate budgets for the same
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the PM
- Review and allocate management reserve within contractual limits
- Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff – both direct and indirect
- Review all financial and technical reports
- Ensure cross-discipline integration within the contract to meet needs
- Communicate issues and solutions to the PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with Contractor’s contracts staff
- Assist the PM by providing input to statutory acquisition reports and responses
- Coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and value engineering proposals to the PM
- Provide Contractor input to the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan reviews or Award Fee reviews, as appropriate
- Communicate issues and solutions to the broader management structure as requested by senior leaders
- Provide guidance and direct capabilities for Level 0, 1, and 2 program managers if any are assigned to the contract/program
- Rapidly assemble and execute focused cross-disciplinary teams to address urgent or unexpected cost, schedule, or technical program/contract issues
Fifteen (15) years experience as a program or project manager is required.. Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required. Must have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting. Must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management. Must have a PMP or FAC-P/PM Senior Level in Program Management.
This job requires that you possess the proper Department of Defense Clearances needed for access to sensitive information including the ability to pass a polygraph exam.