SGT is recruiting a Program Manager to be responsible for overall management of V-TRIPS Task Order 1, comprised of a few very large projects as well as many smaller projects supporting transportation systems. V-TRIPS is an IDIQ Task Order contract with the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, a Federal, fee-for-service organization within the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Under V-TRIPS Task Order 1, SGT provides software development and maintenance, as well as IT support services to a variety of Volpe Center transportation systems projects.
The candidate should have experience managing government programs, as well as previous experience managing software development and maintenance programs. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required, given the variety of customers and stakeholders that are supported.
The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that work performed is at a level of quality, schedule, and cost that is consistent with the expectations of the customer. The PM ensures that contract and TO deliverables are submitted accurately and on-time.
• Ensures compliance with terms of the contract and task order and with government and company policies, standards and procedures
• Works with the customer and team to plan, organize, staff, direct, manage, and report the work performance of the V-TRIPS staff to ensure that software development and maintenance schedules, staffing, and budgets are appropriately managed to accomplish project objectives. This includes defining suitable performance measures, quality standards, security requirements, and configuration management requirements; identifying and mitigating project risks; and providing support for evaluating project cost and schedule progress.
• Provides technical and subject matter guidance to project staff, including monitoring the technical suitability of methods, tools, and techniques applied in work performance; the technical quality of work performed; and the quality of software products and IT services delivered.
• Experience directing programs with a primary focus on software development and maintenance, and supporting IT services. Experience directing the specification and selection of technology and architectures suitable for development of information management systems.
• Experience in the development and support of transportation systems to provide subject matter and technical guidance for strategic planning, requirement and data analysis, operational concept development, software and hardware design and integration, database design, development, testing, and deployment efforts.
• Proven track record for delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction in the context of providing IT support to Federal entities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong consensus building skills
• Demonstrated ability to improve/streamline operations through use of available technology and incorporation of industry best practices
• Understanding of program management principles, financial analysis and elements of cost; compliance with contract requirements; and methods to assess, measure, and modify program plans
Education and Experience -
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 15 years of progressive management experience in related industry or client base
• Experience managing a government IT services program of comparable size and complexity
• Experience managing software development and maintenance programs or projects
• Current PMP certification
Education & Experience:
MS and 15 years of experience or combination of education and experience (Bachelor's required).
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...