• Responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of a technical services contract at the Naval Research Lab (NRL) in Washington D.C. (AVEADS – Aerospace Vehicle Engineering Analysis and Design Services in code 8200)
• Build a solid trust relationship with the NRL customer
• Develops and implements the necessary management systems to assure accuracy of technical, cost, and schedule information provided to the client organization.
• Formulates, assigns, and monitors work standards, performance schedules, work discrepancies, and assigned contract personnel.
• Communicates policies, procedures, and goals of the organization and contract to the staff.
• Oversees program management, technical management, financial management, and human capital management for the assigned contract.
• Responsible for achieving excellent levels of customer satisfaction through superior cost, technical and schedule performance.
• Build, motivate and lead a team consisting of SGT employees and subcontractors focused on delivering high quality, cost effective services and products to the customer
• Ensure that the customer utilizes the contract vehicle to the maximum extent possible
• Support Business Development activities as required
• Security clearance. TS/SCI is a plus. Minimum required is Secret.
• Experience or familiarity with spacecraft system development requirements, processes, tools, vendors, and documentation
• Proven track record for delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong consensus building skills
• Detailed understanding of personnel management and the role of human resources in contract management
• Demonstrated ability to improve/streamline support operations through utilization of available technology and incorporation of industry best practices
• Understanding of program management principles, financial analysis and elements of cost; compliance with contract requirements; and methods to assess, measure, and modify program plans
Education & Experience:
• BA/BS degree in an applicable discipline, an engineering degree is a strong plus
• 15 years or more of progressive management experience in aerospace industry, NRL experience a plus
• Professional Program Management (PMP) certification and/or MBA a strong plus