- Manages a project that entails adding critical devices and equipment to the Mobility network in support of business needs.
- Detailed tracking and coordination of project inputs, scheduling and resource constraints, project timelines and project-level communications for high impact major Wireless Voice, Signaling and Messaging projects.
- Uses the NPMO management process and best practice guidelines (PM Toolkit) to manage and produce deliverables to support the projects on a daily basis.
- Develops detailed work breakdown structures for each stage
- Prepares project schedules using network scheduling techniques and constraint optimization (PERT/CPM)
- Provides scheduling and capacity recommendations
- Identifies and reports on risks and jeopardies
- Ensures that critical dates are established and managed effectively.
- Holds regularly scheduled meetings with the project team to provide steering and identify latest status. Ad hoc meetings will also be required to support overall project objectives.
- Responsible for all tasks that are necessary to support the project and have responsibility for ensuring appropriate project team members perform and complete those activities
- Produce status reports on the projects in a predefined format weekly and submit to Project Team, NPMO Area Manager and process distribution lists. This will represent the weekly snapshot/progress status report for each project. Executive presentations will be created on an as needed basis at the request of upper management.
Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience preferred. Must have active PMP certification. Must have experience managing large scale equipment deployment projects (Routers, Switches,& applications etc.) and extensive experience successfully managing large, complex, equipment projects (5 years minimum). Excellent verbal/written communication skills are essential. Strong organizational skills, proficiency in Microsoft Project schedules, experience managing large, complex, equipment projects (5 years, large scale equipment deployment projects) are all required. Knowledge of wireless communication is desired.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.