At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
Successful candidates will help manage programs and projects developing and applying technology in mammalian synthetic biology and genome engineering in a cross-disciplinary R&D team collaborating with industrial and academic partners; coordinate and manage interactions with partners, customers and subcontractors; execute project management, budgeting and performance tracking activities for the program; coordinate and participate on project teams, working in collaboration with a full range of internal and external parties to ensure the directed course of the program; prepare and define clear objectives for the project, manage variances, and budgets.
- Formal training and record of excellence in professional program management in a biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge, training and a high level of proficiency with advanced program management techniques, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated record of successful, complex program execution in fast-paced environment involving cross-functional and/or multi-disciplinary and/or multiple-site technical groups.
- Demonstrated proficiency operating productive industrial collaborative relationships/ programs.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence at the bench conducting research and development in a team and structured program environment involving timelines and milestones.
- Foundational and applied bench R&D experience utilizing bioinformatics, molecular genetics and/or cell engineering.
- Excellent inter-personal, group-interaction, communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Obtain and process team input to articulate program status and issue resolution to upper management.
- Work in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Immunology or related discipline in mammalian systems.
- 4+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industrial research experience.
- 3+ years of program management experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industrial research and development setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully integrate and apply scientific and intellectual property literature, research data and technical input to meet program goals essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with genome/cell engineering and/or synthetic biology methods and approaches strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues/partners across a range of technical backgrounds, expertise and geographic locations strongly preferred.
- Evidence and/or certification of training and advanced professional development in program management essential.