Center for the Health Professions
The center delivers health workforce research and leadership programs using a collaborative, solutions-driven approach.
The mission of the Center for the Health Professions is to transform health care through workforce research and leadership development. Since 1992, the Center for the Health Professions at the University of California, San Francisco has offered solutions-driven approaches to the toughest health care challenges through three areas of focus.
Leadership Programs to empower change agents at every level and within all sectors of the health care system. Through research to understand today's workforce issues and design actionable strategies to solve them, Consulting Services to creatively and collaboratively address individual and organizational needs.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Program Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the Clinic Leadership Institute (CLI), a training and professional development program for emerging leaders in California’s community clinics. CLI engages and prepares these emerging leaders to be effective and passionate agents of change in today’s rapidly evolving healthcare environment
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a related field and four years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Seven years’ experience in managing and directing the work of others
• Seven years’ experience in program administration and budgeting
• Seven years’ experience large scale project planning and implementation.
• Organizational and leadership development expertise
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly motivated individual, able to work well in a fast paced environment
• Creative, flexible and adaptive to changes in the job requirements
• Ability to think strategically and programmatically as well as successfully oversee operations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to travel to seminars and other offsite meetings 6 to 10 times per year; one to seven days/trip; includes overnight stays on weekdays and weekends
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 20 pounds; pushing/pulling up to 30 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; verbal communication; operating motor vehicles.
• Master’s Degree in public health, leadership development, organizational development or equivalent
• Experience in creating, developing and delivering educational training programs to adult learners
• Experience working in a community health center or other health care organization
• Teaching and facilitation expertise
• Experience working on a grant funded program
• Passion for organizational and leadership development
• Commitment to continuous improvement and a learning environment
• Ability to set priorities, allocates resources, and provide follow-through to assure a well-organized and effective program
• Ability to work with a variety of audiences with different needs and priorities
• Self-motivated individual, able to work well on a diverse team
• Ability to work independently; adhere to deadlines and project plans
UCSF is a leading university that consistently defines health care worldwide by conducting advanced biomedical research, educating graduate...