Urban Robotics Inc. provides cutting edge software and hardware solutions for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Remote Sensing and Geospatial applications.
Urban Robotics is looking for dynamic individuals to join our high-octane, fast paced environment. We offer a competitive benefits package and compensation as well as a culture where everyone is built to succeed. Look through our current open positions and apply today or register to be notified when we open a position that matches your qualifications.
Our company is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager that is capable of managing complex teams and complex tasks. The Program Manager will be responsible for facilitating both internal and external communication as it relates to current and future programs and be available to respond to inquiries immediately.
This is a great opportunity for a career minded individual who wants to work for a successful, growing government services company. This position is located in Portland, Oregon and will be approximately 40 hours per week. There is the possibility for travel within the continental US for short durations to support integration and validation on customer premises.
The company offers a comprehensive health insurance package which offers the choice of a Health Savings Account. In addition to health benefits, the company offers a company paid 401(K) plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid parking or bus pass, employee recognition programs, a variety of paid and unpaid leave of absences, incentives and rewards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions of the role:
- We are in need of a consummate professional that is capable of managing complex teams and complex tasks; from conception, development, deployment to sustainment operations. The Program Manager is needed to facilitate both internal and external communication as it relates to current and future programs.
- Creating detailed program schedules and plans and work with employees and managers to ensure satisfaction.
- Use project life cycle processes, risk management, and conflict resolution to ensure that programs meet defined goals and deadlines.
- Effectively motivate and engage with complex and multi-tiered teams and manage cross functional teams associated with the project tasks.
- Coach, mentor and develop members of the project team.
- Create and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of Program status; internally and externally.
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors and clients.
- Identify, qualify and funnel potential new service opportunities to the Business Development team.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or technical field and at least five years of direct Program/Project Management experience. Travel is required of at least 10-15% of the time both domestic and international depending on the needs of the company.
- PMP Certification
- Ability to receive immediately or already have Department of Defense Secret Clearance and be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Prefer candidates who have worked in the military, aerospace or defense fields.
- Preference to applicants with Special Operations backgrounds, and those with ISR experience.
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work in a professional, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a United States citizen per ITAR regulations and be able to pass a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer and phone use.
- There may be a need to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand for long for short periods of time lift and carry approximately 50 pounds.
- The area of work is in a general office environment and stress is likely to occur.
Urban Robotics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Urban Robotics, Inc. conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers and leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, employees will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. Employees are not hired for any definite or specified period of time even though your wages are paid regularly. Urban Robotics, Inc. is an at-will employer which states that your employment can be terminated at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice. Urban Robotics, Inc.’s policy requires all employees to be hired at-will and this policy cannot be changed by any oral modifications. There have been no implied or verbal agreements or promises to you that you will be discharged only under certain circumstances or after certain procedures are followed. There is no implied employment contract created by this Job Description or any other company document, written or verbal statement or policy.
Urban Robotics, Inc. participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.
AAP/EEO provider and drug-free workplace
Urban Robotics was founded in 2003 by Silicon Industry and former Department of Defense engineers. Today, the company continues to merge the...