Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of “helping clients achieve measurable results,” VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting & Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management & Testing, Application Design & Development, Systems Maintenance & Operations, and Network & Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP’s corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, Houston.
Duties and Responsibilities:
VIP is looking for a Program Manager to join our team in a permanent capacity to support a very high profile and challenging large scale software project with our Federal client. The candidate will act as the Senior Program Manager for multiple software projects with many moving parts including staffing, contract management and managing a high number of task orders in order to meet the requirements and objectives of the client as they pertain to their project needs. S/He will be responsible for the management support of the multiple projects and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task orders are implemented in a timely manner. The Program Management functions shall include, but are not limited to: cost and schedule management, creative problem solving, risk planning, analysis and management, quality control and management, performance trending and analysis, deviation reporting, monitoring and tracking approval procedures, as well as client facilitation.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Overseeing large team of subcontractors at multiple locations
- Maintaining portfolio management, program and project management, quality control standards and measures;
- Assisting in maintaining program and project quality compliance;
- Primary POC between the company and the customer.
- Assisting in monitoring tasks and providing advanced notification of any deviation from budget, schedule, or resources to customer.
- Helping to establish project management methodologies, best practices and standards for IT Projects in alignment with customer strategic objectives
- Identify and ensure projects are compliant with all policies, processes, and procedures
- Assisting in aligning project management methodologies to the extent practical considering the Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK).
- Expertise in Risk Assessment and Management methodologies
- Assist in maintaining centralized monitoring of projects, project health and trends as well as ensuring project quality and sustaining improvement standards
- Provide direct support in identifying and reporting program and project management training, mentoring, and tools standards relevant to the projects being executed
- 7+ years of overall PM experience.
- Experience with managing multiple projects
- Software development background
- PMP Certification
- Experience with client relationship management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customer and represent VIP.
- Excellent Excel and MS Project skills.
- Federal government client experience
Department of Homeland Security Experience
Must have a minimum of a BA/BS degree in a field relevant to the work, MBA/MS is a plus
Sit Bend Stand Walk Handle objects (manual dexterity) Use fine finger movements (type) Must carry/lift loads of up to 25 lbs.
Read/comprehend Write Perform calculations Communicate orally Reason and analyze
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
Monster - 18 months ago