W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Program Manager to direct, supervise, govern, and execute projects awarded by MSC to provide Engineering Services and Technical Support for C4ISR installations, Topside Integration and other electronic support to include: Control and Monitoring Systems (electrical and electronic), Interior and Exterior Communications, Information Technology, Radar, Navigation Systems and Alarms.
Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
The selected candidate will establish a trusted, loyal working relationship with our customers. Must become familiar with Military Sealift Command (MSC) concepts, practices, and procedures. Understand how MSC solicits and awards contracts. Understand the MSC organization and its budgeting process. Oversee the work of the project teams to ensure successful execution. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Maintain frequent contact with the customers in an effort to show concern for the customer’s success and our ability and willingness to help them achieve that success through thorough understanding and ownership of their requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of MSC-awarded contracts and subcontracts.
- Aiding in the negotiations of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Develop new business and expand product line within the MSC organization.
- Review IDIQ proposals to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements, and goals.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Act as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks and operations.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, division, and customer-focused master plans and schedules, develop solutions to program problems, and direct staff assigned to the project from various departments.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time.
Candidates must possess the following experience:
4-6 years Program/Project Management experience – Maritime or Defense-related experience preferred;
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus. Advanced Management Certifications or PMP a plus.
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook.
Secret Security Clearance required.
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran