Are you ready to bring musical bliss to millions of mobile users? Join our team!
mSpot is music. We bring music, radio, and movie services to millions of consumers, worldwide. With our newest app, Music Hub, users can stream songs from an extensive catalog, upload their personal music collections to the cloud, listen to personal radio stations, and purchase music -- all in one app. We’re a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a passion for entertainment and a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile experience.
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of 2012, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a global electronics leader. If you’re creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we’d love to meet you!
In this position you'll be a critical member of the Product team, acting as a key liaison between Product Management and Engineering. We are still growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity to design and build something new.
Reporting the V.P. of Marketing, the Project Manager will be responsible for
Skills and Experience
- Leading project planning and scheduling, defining project tasks and resource requirements, and developing full scale project plans
- Constantly monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to all stakeholders; presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to Executive Staff
- Managing and mitigating high-level schedule, risk and dependencies; implementing and managing project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
We are looking for a Project Manager with technical depth, excellent communication and influencing skills. Further a strong track record shipping products, preferably with short release cycles and evolving requirements. Candidates must also be skilled in managing large projects, and predicting challenges and driving recommendations enabling teams to deliver. The ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable is essential, as well as strength in resolving conflict and influencing others.
- 8+ years of experience in project or program management
- Demonstrated track record of managing and driving complex/multi-faceted projects
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on long-term projects with limited direction.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are absolute requirements
- Excellent problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Proficient with project management tools (such as Microsoft Office or Jira), experience with agile development
- BS/BA Degree required; Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred.
- Previous Mobile experience is a plus
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a global electronics leader. If you're creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music industry, contact us now - we'd love to meet you!