World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC founded by chef José Andrés with the mission of Using the Power of Food to Empower Communities and Strengthen Economies. World Central Kitchen has begun its journey in Haiti, where we are investing in innovative solutions to hunger and poverty.
World Central Kitchens main focus is to enhance cooking and feeding practices for vulnerable people through sanitary kitchens, clean cooking fuels and stoves, culinary curriculums, training and support of local business.
World Central Kitchen will develop partnerships that allow for a holistic approach to changing lives and uplifting communities. Partnerships will allow for the complete analysis of the client's needs, to include research, community planning, and business assessment. WCK will play the role as it relates to our mission of Using the Power of Food, and as such will focus on creative Design, Equipment acquisition.
Setup and installation, and Training (D.E.S.T.). All projects will consider social enterprise opportunities -focusing on local and diversified products and obtaining revenues for such cooking. Locals will become the beneficiaries and main drivers of the projects designed by WCK so that after the execution phase, the needs of the clients will be covered in a sustainable manner. This approach will transfer the projects’ ownership to locals and not only empower the community, but will strengthen the economy.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Program Manager will be responsible for the operational
success of World Central Kitchen projects, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Program Manager should have a working knowledge of the Food service industry, kitchens, sanitation, international development work, and languages.
The Program Manager will be a key external face of World Central Kitchen in the community.
- Design and implement programs as they relate to D.E.S.T (Design, Equipment, Setup, Training) of Kitchens and Food Service projects as part of WCKs Core Focus. Ability to establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff/volunteers
- Implement professional development to address employee/volunteer experience and skill gaps
- Work with staff/volunteers to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees/volunteers
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff/volunteers
- Cultivate existing relationships with partners with the goal of ensuring sufficient resources, and access to services
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with project management experience , and particularly Food Service and/or Food programs experience, to grow and develop existing and new programs. The successful candidate will design and lead programs, partner with the ED, work collaboratively with partners, collaborate with advisory board and help establish a high-performance project management team.
Specific requirements include:
languages a plus
- Minimum of a BA
- Working knowledge of the Food Service Industry, kitchens, sanitation, and issues pertaining to food security and food aid;
- At least 5 years of experience in partnership development, and international project management
- Previous experience in coordinating and managing partnerships with NGOs
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Demonstrated results and proven experience negotiating agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills in English and Spanish; French and other
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field, under sometimes difficult circumstances
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for WCKs mission
Think Food Group - 23 months ago