For more than 130 years, some of society’s most challenged citizens have benefitted from the programs and services we provide. Our work is organized along three areas of practice:
- Social Justice Services transitions ex offenders back into mainstream society and diverts at-risk youth away from crime and toward a productive and fulfilling life;
- Community Strategies provides adults with intellectual disabilities a chance to grow and flourish in the community by offering residence in small group home settings;
Guided by excellence, creativity, and compassion, we support individual transitions, strengthen families and improve community safety.
- The Crime and Justice Institute provides research and consulting services which advance evidence-based practices that inform systems-level change. Around the nation, we are making neighborhoods safer and improving the quality of life for all through strong public policy development and legislation.
The Program Monitor is responsible for tracking, resident accountability, and providing informal counseling.
- Taking urine samples for drug analysis on any residents with drug history or drug aftercare, four times a month per resident.
- Keeping residents accountable to the rules of the program by performing bag, pat and room searches, taking alco-sensors, and ensuring that the residents complete their daily details.
- Tracking clients by ensuring residents are to be where they are supposed to be. This is conducted by performing nightly bed checks, telephone spot checks, recording client’s comings and goings and documenting telephone contact.
- Informal counseling, giving advice, support, and information to the residents, answering questions, and often listening to the resident’s concerns, desires, and complaints.
- General reception, signing residents in and out, taking calls from residents and for staff. Greeting and signing in visitors, sorting and distribution of mail.
- Providing on-the-job staff training as needed, and attending training as required.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
- Performs other job related projects and activities as requested or directed.
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Continuous Development
- Team Effectiveness
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Process Improvement
Written and verbal communication
Maintaining confidentiality for staff and residents
Multiple concurrent tasks
Doing repetitive tasks
Constant phone use
Exposure to florescent lights
Strong communication skills, flexibility in schedule, flexibility in sleep schedules. Certain people skills and dealing with diverse populations.
Assoicates Degree or 1-2 years related experience preferred.