Enterprise's Technical Services Department provides high-quality energy efficiency and construction monitoring services to affordable housing projects in New York City. These services range from providing energy audits, capital needs assessments, construction scopes & specifications, and construction monitoring services for individual buildings, to broad-scale planning & implementation of portfolio-wide energy efficient retrofits for large owners of affordable housing.
Enterprise is expanding its services in 2013 to include planning for emergency management, disaster relief, and long-term resilience in the face of climate change.
The Program Officer will join the Enterprise office in New York to provide technical leadership on energy efficiency, general construction services and our new focus on emergency management planning, disaster response and climate change resilience.
The ideal candidate will bring in-depth knowledge of building science as it relates to energy efficiency and water conservation, working knowledge of mechanical systems (boilers, hot water heaters, heating controls, air handlers, pumps, fans, electrical systems), and general familiarity with construction codes and requirements, construction practices, local construction costs, inspection techniques, and construction monitoring. Prior experience in emergency management or disaster response will be considered favorably.
• Under general supervision, lead development of technical services for emergency management planning, disaster response and climate change resilience.
• Assist the Enterprise team to provide broad-scale planning & implementation of energy efficient retrofits for large owners of affordable housing portfolios
• Provide technical leadership for individual projects ranging from providing energy audits, capital needs assessments, construction scopes & specifications, and construction monitoring services
• Maintain a high standard of technical soundness and customer service for all work
• Provide training for internal and external audiences on building science, emergency preparedness, construction and management best practices
• Represent Enterprise at external conferences and events
• Holds a Bachelor’s egree (preferably in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management) and at least five (5) or more years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the fields of energy efficiency, construction, architecture, engineering, and real estate development. Relevant advanced degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience
• May hold one or more professional certifications (Registered Architect, Professional Engineer).
• Possesses high level knowledge of building science.
• Possesses working knowledge of mechanical systems (boilers, hot water heaters, heating controls, air handlers, pumps, fans, electrical systems)
• Possesses general familiarity of construction codes, zoning, structural design, local construction costs and inspection techniques
• Demonstrates superior judgment in all aspects of work; is highly creative and supportive of new approaches to improving energy performance of affordable housing.
• Has strong ability to build team relationships and handle difficult individuals/situations.
• Understands the broad context of sustainability in affordable housing, including community, politics and systems.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Desire to cultivate deep understanding of Enterprise’s corporate vision, organizational priorities, and culture.
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job