The Program SCRUM Master (Scrum of Scrums) will focus and center around initiatives to benefit recently launched products as well as new products/new business not known at this time. This role will facilitate program level processes and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement. Candidates will have a solid understanding of scaling Agile, and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with organizing, facilitating, and continuously aligning a large software program with the guiding business strategy. Scrum of Scrums is responsible for facilitating important program events such as Release Planning Meetings, Release Management Meetings, the Inspect & Adapt Workshops.
- Establishes the annual calendars for sprints and PSIs
- Facilitates release planning readiness; Vision, Backlogs and facilities
- Facilitates release planning events
- Aggregates team objectives into program PSI Objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency
- Assists with program execution and PSI feature completion tracking
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums
- Assists with economic decision-making by facilitating estimation by teams and rollup to Program level visibility
- Escalates impediments
- Encourages System Architect and team collaboration
- Works with Product Management, Product Owners, and Business Owners to help assure strategy and execution alignment
- Helps manage risk
- Reports status to Release Management Team
- Provides input on moving team members to address critical bottlenecks
- Drives program-level continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops and constant demonstration of Kaizen mind
- Encourages team and program level DBT Agile engineering practices and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Scrum, and Agile program management
- Participates in enterprise Program Management improvement and standardization activities
- Create and track E2E project plan (in conjunction with the lead engineer)
- Communication with multiple audiences from different domains both technical and business.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Turnberry Solutions - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard