The United States Youth Volleyball League (USYVL) is seeking a part-time volleyball Program Site Coordinator for Northern California. This is an on-site/off-site position. The USYVL head office is located in TORRANCE, CA.
USYVL is a non-profit organization that offers volunteer based volleyball programs across America.
The Program Site Coordinator (PSC) is required to visit assigned programs and maintain a line of communication between the USYVL head office and the sites. The PSC acts as the extended support system for USYVL volunteers, players and the community and is responsible for ensuring sites run smoothly and kids are having fun!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with participants and parents
- Supporting and managing assigned sites
- Spearheading new programs at nearby locations
- Acting as the primary contact for USYVL parents, participants and community
- Managing email account and online calendar for the assigned sites
- Effectively communicating with 7-15 age group and parents
Typical on-site Duties:
- Training volunteer coaches
- Planning, organizing and supervising site activities
- Ordering and receiving supplies and materials
- Distributing, storing and managing program equipment and supplies
- Ensuring proper set up and clean- up after all activities
- Working with the Program Specialist on activities development, staffing, participation levels and program evaluations
- Assisting volunteers and participants with practices, games, and special projects as needed
- Knowledge/experience in playing or coaching volleyball
- Desire to work outside
- Ability to work collaboratively with groups of people
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic, motivated, outgoing personality strongly desired
- Experience/knowledge of marketing sport and team related events with creativity and clarity.
- TB Test Clearance & Live Scan Clearance (Background check)
- CPR and First Aid certification are required.
- Bilingual a plus
The Program Site Coordinator position is year-round with additional hours to be scheduled based on program needs. During the spring and fall seasons the PSC hours are Monday-Thursday 4:00-8:00p.m. and Saturday 8:00a.m-12:00p.m. The selected employee may work more hours depending on needs of USYVL.
Other youth volleyball activities are also conducted during the off season with hours to be determined.
Indeed - 12 months ago