WORK LOCATION: Camp Concord (South Lake Tahoe)
DATES: June 16 – August 18, 2013 6 day work week
*Additional work may be available before June 16 & after August 18
SALARY: $51.42/ Day, Plus room and board
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: Until position filled
Located in South Lake Tahoe, Camp Concord is a high energy Family Camp where everyone shares unique talents and abilities to accomplish goals as a team. Activities take place on camp grounds as well as on local beaches, lakes and trails. This position plays a key leadership role in the development and delivery of excellent customer service, quality programming and an incredibly positive vacation experience for our campers. Position includes meals and housing on camp during time of employment.
Examples of Duties:
- Under the direction of the Program Coordinator and Camp Director, assist in creating a positive team environment.
- As member of the camp Leadership Team ensure successful implementation of programs in specialty area and overall Camp program.
- Responsible for development and complete implementation of camp rafting program, and if necessary, for rafting alternative activities.
- Responsible for development and complete implementation of camp canoeing and waterfront activities program.
- Work with Program Coordinator and Leadership Team to develop programming for weekly Luau/Twilight Games and Breakfast on the Beach.
- Provide leadership, direction and assistance to Counselors in developing activities and programs within programming area.
- Work with leadership team to procure and prepare needed supplies for activities and programs.
- Instruct staff and campers in rafting, canoeing and general waterfront safety procedures.
- Maintain rafting and canoeing equipment to ensure the safety and enjoyment of these activities.
- Responsible for daily vehicles safety checks and promptly reporting issues to Camp Director or Facility Maintenance Specialist.
- Serve as a role model to all staff on engaging with campers of all ages to ensure consistent, positive guest interaction that Camp Hospitality Standards are maintained at all times.
- Drive and/or escort family campers to activity areas throughout the Tahoe Basin via 15 passenger van at times with rafting trailer in tow.
- Ability to work with all staff to develop best work practices and problem solve.
- Must follow all staff policies and procedures to ensure a safe work and living environment.
- Ensure the safety, well-being and personal growth of campers and staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, demonstrate excellent hospitality and customer-service, and maintain grace under pressure. Experience in program planning and supervision of groups preferred. Maturity, ability to work with staff of all ages, a positive attitude and love of working with family members of all ages is a must.
Requirements - Minimum age to apply: 18
- Standard First Aid & Community CPR certificate, Lifeguard Certificate and TB clearance.
- Must complete requirements and receive California Class B Drivers License with Passenger Endorsement prior to start of camp season
- Must successfully participate in a mandatory, paid staff orientation training June 16th – 27th.
- Previous supervision or peer leadership experience.
- Experience working with different ages groups, including adults, teens and youth.
To apply, complete the online application and supplemental questions.
All applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined above. All staff is required to pass a rigorous selection process including an application screening and interview(s). If successful in interview, a minimum of two references will be contacted and verified. Fingerprinting and background checks by the Department of Justice will ensue.
It is a policy of the City to refuse to consider a person for a position whenever that person’s relationship to an employee elected or appointed official, or member of a board or commission has the potential for creating adverse impact on supervision, safety, security, or morale, or involves a potential conflict of interest.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION For questions, please contact 925-671-3006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Concord, CA - 18 months ago