July 3, 2013
Planned Crisis Respite Program
Services provide a safe and supportive home for youth coping with a significant mental health disorder.
20 Hours per Week, Pro Rated Benefits
Involves some evening, Saturday and on call hours
When Applying Please Reference Job Code PSCR-724
Please Follow Application Procedures
Responsibilities include coordinating with Mental Health Organizations and community partners to generate referrals. Provides direction to maintain the integrity of the program. Supervises Respite Care staff. Works in conjunction with other Program Supervisors for Therapeutic Foster Care to ensure team morale and supports successful practices and problem-solving across programs. Assists with supervision of respite foster homes. Ensures contract compliance and program solvency. Creates and implements quality improvement initiatives, data collection, reports to funders and chart reviews. Participates in Foster Care program development with Program Manager and Division Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree with major study in social work or a closely allied field
- Two year’s of experience in the care and treatment of youth
- One year supervising employees
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of community foster care and licensing/certification standards for the state of Oregon.
- Ability to assess foster care applicants’ skills and abilities to be effective foster care providers for children and adolescents with severe trauma histories.
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to remain calm and emotionally available in an environment serving children who have been severely traumatized or are emotionally disturbed.
- Openness to feedback and supervision.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Manual and physical dexterity allowing for copying, typing, filing, writing, phone use, computer use, etc
- Ability to establish professional communication with families, service providers, staff and community partners both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff of professionals exercising tact, discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse cultures in a variety of environments.
- Ability to use a database, Outlook for email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries while working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the day to day functions of the program, following agency guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership for professional and support staff within the program.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and seek out supervision as needed or required.
- Must Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current standard first-aid/CPR certification. Position involves frequent and regular driving of a personal vehicle and requires a valid driver’s license for the state of residency, personal auto liability insurance ($100,000/$100,000) and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “PSCR-724” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “PSCR-724” or on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 21 months ago