THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Supervises multiple programs which may include youth
programs, family programs, teen programs, sports,
fitness, recreation, and/or others.
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. At least three years experience working with
children, adults and/or families.
3. Three years or more of supervisory experience
4. 30 college credits in related field such as
recreation, physical education, education, music,
psychology, social services, art or equivalent.
5. Current state approved first-aid certification.*
6. Current state approved community CPR certification.*
7. Knowledge of culturally relevant and developmentally
8. Knowledge of curriculum design.
9. Demonstrated skill in recruiting and supervising
10. Experience with budget management helpful.
11. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
*At hire, or earliest possible training (but no later
than 90 days after employment.)
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the
YMCA: Embraces and supports the mission of the YMCA;
models intended outcomes and the organizational values
of respect, responsibility, honesty, caring, faith and
fun; helps others view change as an opportunity to
better achieve the YMCA mission; uses good analytical
skills; takes prudent risks; is innovative and
implements new ideas; demonstrates a strong commitment
to the YMCA; conveys enthusiasm for the YMCA and his/her
2. Builds Community: Demonstrates commitment to the role
of volunteerism; facilitates connections between and
among constituents, members and participants, and to the
YMCA; models effective relationship-building techniques;
understands and supports the role of fund-raising in
achieving the YMCA mission.
3. Ensures a Quality Experience for Members,
Participants, Internal Customers and Other Constituents:
Possesses the knowledge and ability to create and
deliver outstanding experiences for members,
participants, internal customers and others; builds warm
and supportive relationships; consistently greets and
assists everyone in a positive way; responds to the
needs of others; delivers service that exceed
expectations; responds to concerns and complaints in a
way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action
for prompt resolution; identifies and develops better
ways to serve and involve members, participants,
internal customers and others.
4. Provides Effective Team Leadership: Accepts
accountability for self and group; plans well for
long-term, knows what needs to be done, and when to ask
for help; advocates diversity; develops and recognizes
people; ensures that standards, policies, and procedures
are met; possesses organizational skills; ensures that
deadlines are consistently met; practical, makes good
common sense decisions over time; manages YMCA resources
appropriately and efficiently.
5. Uses Effective Personal Behavior; Communicates
Effectively: Is fair, responsive and caring; models
integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates
effectively in a clear and pleasant manner; is
culturally competent; embraces differences among people;
gives clear feedback to staff and others, promotes
performance improvement; aspires to be and to do the
best; possesses self-awareness; is curious and engages
in on-going learning.
1. Manages and supervises activities, classes and
program operations. May provide direct instruction for
classes as needed.
2. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff and
volunteers. Conducts staff meetings and organizes
3. Ensures compliance with YMCA standards, policies and
4. Collaborates with community and branch staff, as
assigned on recruitment, developing new programs,
developing support services and programming.
5. Maintains required records according to YMCA
standards and contract requirements, including, for
example, attendance records, registration information,
accident reports and discipline records.
6. Oversees the purchase of food and supplies within
budget guidelines. Oversees inventory.
7. Maintains necessary program supplies and ensures
equipment remains in good repair.
8. Develops promotional materials and coordinates
9. Assists in developing and monitoring department
10. Coordinates required transportation.
If the program is operating as licensed child care,
these positions and staff are subject to licensing
standards established by the Department of Social and
Health Services (DSHS). Entry requirements for staff
listed above are based upon current YMCA interpretation
of such standards, are not inclusive, and are subject to
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; tuition
assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when
• Apply online or mail to 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA
98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
We are a drug-free workplace.
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 14 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...