PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
Note: For status applicants, this position is being filled using the Alternative Merit Promotion System.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) works to ensure that Americans have reliable, adequate supplies of high-quality food and other agricultural products. ARS accomplishes its goals through scientific discoveries that help solve problems in crop and livestock production and protection, human nutrition, and the interaction of agriculture and the environment.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet education and/or experience requirements. Type at least 40 wpm.
- Complete the Occupational Questionnaire/submit resume/supporting documents.
- This announcement may be used to fill more than one position.
This position is assigned to the Midwest Area, Plant Science Research Unit located in Saint Paul, MN.
Serves as a personal assistant to the Research Leader (RL) and other professional staff, coordinating a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks essential to the program administration of the Management Unit. This position requires the skills of a qualified typist to perform word processing and other office automation duties.
- Provides technical and procedural advice in support of research program administration by identifying and analyzing issues and taking or recommending action using established guidelines.
- Serves as the initial point-of-contact for all questions, information and problem resolution in the areas of budget and accounting, agreements, travel, human resources, files management, correspondence preparation and control, time and attendance, office automation systems, and purchasing/procurement.
- At least 25% or more of the time is dedicated to program management and administrative assistance.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Wednesday, February 13, 2013.
You may start at the GS-6 grade level if you have one of the following qualifications:
· One full-time year (12 months) of experience equivalent to the GS-5 grade level of the Federal service. Experience is in or related to the line of work of this position and has equipped me with specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to coordinate, monitor and perform all the clerical and administrative functions, duties, priorities, commitments, policies and program goals of an office. Demonstrates an understanding of, or previous work experience in, the administrative and/or budgetary functions, policies, procedures or operations sufficient to initiate, plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard technical work, including carrying out limited projects; OR
· Successfully completed at least six months of graduate education or master's or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration, industrial management, political science, government, organization and management, psychology, sociology or education.
You may start at the GS-7 grade level if you have one of the following qualifications:
· One full-time year (12 months) of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 level of the Federal service. Experience has equipped me with specific knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled: demonstrates an understanding of, or previous work experience in, the administrative and/or budgetary functions, policies, procedures or operations sufficient to initiate, plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard technical work, including carrying out limited projects. Identifies program issues and problems; reviews draft correspondence for conflicts and responds to requests for information from a wide audience; OR
· Successfully completed one full academic year of graduate education or master's or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration, industrial management, political science, government, organization and management, psychology, sociology or education.
College Transcript : Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
For Merit Promotion Applicants - If you meet the qualification requirements, you will be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. An automated scoring system, based on your responses to the online application process is used to determine the Best Qualified applicants.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
Permanent employees are eligible to elect life and health insurance coverage and will be covered by a Retirement System. Employees will earn annual and sick leave. For additional information on benefits, click here .
DIRECT DEPOSIT: All federal employees are required by P.L. 104-134 to have federal payments made by direct deposit. click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan(CTAP): If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (at least "fully successful" or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if achieving a rating of 80 or above excluding veteran's preference points.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/ .
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
With the stony faces of Mount Rushmore serving as a constant reminder to civic duty, the Office of the Governor of South Dakota serves as...