Primary Purpose of Job
Ensure efficient procurement, distribution and tracking of program materials and services, track and reconcile program expenses, serve as a liaison between established vendors and program team in support to schools and community based organizations, and maintain vendor relationships. The position requires a detail-oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and locate potential vendors for services related to the organizational needs, participate in the solicitation of bids for all program services and materials, including, but not limited to, food preparation equipment, printed curriculum materials, and food ingredients for the CookShop Program.
- Prepare RFQ bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of food, supplies, materials and equipment to place orders with appropriate bidders.
- Prepare documentation that demonstrates that the procurement conforms to the appropriate funding regulations and procedures.
- Place orders for program materials and supplies, coordinate distribution to program sites and maintain inventory control.
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursements for approval and processing.
- Coordinate general administrative needs, including file and database management.
- Provide customer support for all programs.
- Supervise any assigned staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with two years relevant experience in one or more of the following: procurement, business administration, budget/finance, or other related field.
- Ability to prepare documentation, maintain tracking systems to monitor goals and expenditures, and/or draft recurring reports based on collected data or formalized database.
- Abililty to perform a variety of tasks and functions concurrently.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new tasks that change frequently.
- Experience as a liaison between administrative, program divisions and vendors.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills, with the ability to interact with diverse constituencies and maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other team members and departments.
- Proficiency in all MS office applications required.
- Interest in and familiarity with food poverty and nutrition policy a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages a plus.
Food Bank for New York City - 9 months ago