June 12, 2013
Program Support Staff
On Call Hours
Counterpoint Day Treatment
Provides comprehensive treatment, schooling and care for teenage boys for whom sexual acting out is an issue.
When Applying Please Reference Job Code PSS-652
Please Follow Application Procedure
The Program Support Staff participates as a member of the Treatment Team to provide quality youth care and close intensive supervision of male adolescent clients. In addition, this position is responsible for providing a range of counseling and skills training services to clients and their families. Services to youth, their families and proctor home families occur during day treatment and proctor hours. These services include; but are not limited to, skills building, crisis management, community outings, and supervision and modeling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree to social service or related studies, or a minimum of two years experience working with youth and families in the school, community or other related area, preferably mental health setting or social services.
- Ability to meet the requirements for Qualified Mental Health Associate as defined by the Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations strongly preferred.
- Bilingual/Bicultural capabilities preferred.
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children, birth to eighteen years old.
- Ability to establish professional communication in English with clients and service providers, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of special needs of client population and types of activities appropriate for population.
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively in an environment serving adolescents with severe emotional/behavioral issues.
- Ability to provide auditory, visual and physical supervision of clients.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries while working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work as a member of a coordinated team effort.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Ability to effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Ability to facilitate groups and individual skills building.
- Ability to provide auditory, visual, and physical supervision of clients.
- Ability to participate in and supervise recreational/physical activities with youth.
- Knowledge and ability to provide training and support to proctor parents.
- Position requires personal transportation allowing for travel within the greater Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes, a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability insurance and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy are required. If driving personal vehicle for work purposes 3 times a week or more must have and maintain personal auto liability at $100,000/$100,000 levels.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “PSS-652” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “PSS-652” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison is the only organization in the Pacific Northwest to receive recognition from SAMHSA, the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health...